PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Jibku (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 23-08-2006, 10:50

Just received my Free Global SIM - but I don't know if it works : there's no phone number, no pincode, no username, no password... I emailed customer support to get these "usefull" informations! Waiting for reply...

Old
  (#2)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-08-2006, 11:44

Not even pincode? According to their instructions you should have received a pincode. A mistake somewhere...

http://www.freeglobalsim.com/helpingyou.asp#howactivate

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#3)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 23-08-2006, 12:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibku
Just received my Free Global SIM - but I don't know if it works : there's no phone number, no pincode, no username, no password... I emailed customer support to get these "usefull" informations! Waiting for reply...
Have you tried incerting into a mobile to see if it is working;
Probably the pin is deactivated and you will not need one or you can set your own later...Just a guess

Old
  (#4)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-08-2006, 00:47

Quote:
I just received mine too. I ordered on Sunday. Same here nothing was sent. And it asks for the SIM PIN. The sim holder and sim is as blank as a blank paper.

I have already sent an email to request this info.

Old
  (#5)
Jibku (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-08-2006, 08:41

I received their reply, with pincode and phone number, less than one hour after I had requested. The SIM works well.

It actually is a LongDistanceSIM rebranded CallKey. Online account management works from FreeGlobalSIM website as well as from LongDistanceSIM / Host4Tele control pannel, which has more complete features.

One great feature with CallKey SIM : you can forward calls to any phone number for free. Which means that when you're at home, you can forward calls to your regular number, and you only need to carry one phone with you, receiving calls on both numbers. And when you're in a country where CallKey doesn't have free incoming calls, you can divert to a local number (or another SIM that has free incoming).

As someone mentionned, topups start at 10?, with a 6 months validity. There's no problem for outgoing nor incoming calls.

FreeGlobal SIM is a very good deal - just need to ask them for pincode...

Old
  (#6)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-08-2006, 10:58

So far so good. I also like the access from the link above. Shows a whole lot more details and gives you more options.

Old
  (#7)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-08-2006, 16:43

jibku,

So the forwarding is free?

I also noticed that, as listed on their website, the charge per minute. Instead of the 30/6 mentioned in another thread. The 10 second incoming call I tested here was charged $1.39. Also, incoming caller ID does not show up. At least it does not on the few test calls I have made.

Are the above 2 observations for you?

Quote:
It actually is a LongDistanceSIM rebranded CallKey. Online account management works from FreeGlobalSIM website as well as from LongDistanceSIM / Host4Tele control pannel, which has more complete features.

One great feature with CallKey SIM : you can forward calls to any phone number for free. Which means that when you're at home, you can forward calls to your regular number, and you only need to carry one phone with you, receiving calls on both numbers. And when you're in a country where CallKey doesn't have free incoming calls, you can divert to a local number (or another SIM that has free incoming).

As someone mentionned, topups start at 10?, with a 6 months validity. There's no problem for outgoing nor incoming calls.

FreeGlobal SIM is a very good deal - just need to ask them for pincode...