(#121)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-10-2007, 17:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by patphelan View Post
Hi ViJU/bobb
As I said you can email me directly now from the forum
I will endeavour to fix any issue TODAY, please email me asap.
Pat I have emailed you through the forum but have not had any response till now !
Please check your personal mail or respond here.

Old
  (#122)
ocknock (Offline)

Default 26-10-2007, 15:56

I am also experiencing technical issues with Maxroam and have contacted customer support via email with no real resolution.

I've sent an email to patphelan and asked for his assistance and will the forum know the outcome.

Old
  (#123)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-10-2007, 16:05

Those of you using Maxroam, please post your experiences/review in the forum.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#124)
patphelan (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 26-10-2007, 16:13

Hi guys
I received one email where I dealt with it in under 20mins
standing by @ pat.phelan@cubictelecom dot com for any mail right now

Old
  (#125)
patphelan (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 26-10-2007, 16:28

Both issues dealt with in under 5 minutes

Old
  (#126)
plunderisley (Offline)
Official Member

Default 26-10-2007, 17:11

Still wish when you offered that free sim card a while back, I did not get a email saying that the email I sent was rejected from the mail server.

Old
  (#127)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-10-2007, 17:42

Has anyone even received a free sim card that they offered? This product is similar to yackie. And, it looks like most users in this forum are leaning towards yackie. Their generous offer is just too difficult to pass up.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#128)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-10-2007, 18:45

I have mailed pat today (see mail address above) and got a response withing 5-10 minutes that he would sent me a card.

So it should be in the mail middle-end of next week and I will try their service and review it like i did with yackie.

Old
  (#129)
ocknock (Offline)

Default Maxroam Feedback & Review - 26-10-2007, 19:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocknock View Post
I am also experiencing technical issues with Maxroam and have contacted customer support via email with no real resolution.

I've sent an email to patphelan and asked for his assistance and will the forum know the outcome.
As promised here's the outcome of my communication with patphelan and my overall initial review of Maxroam.

Initial Order
Did not receive telephone number in requested USA area code. Not a huge deal for me, but for others it might.
SIM card was not sent via registered mail (which cost 1 Euro extra). Got the card OK so it's not a big deal, but it is still slightly annoying to have paid for a service and not have it followed through.

Initial Testing
Proof of concept telephone calls work when roaming in the USA on both T-Mobile and AT&T Wireless networks.

SMS text messaging is very intially very sketchy. 50% success rate. My first communication with customer support last week did not resolve the issue.

However after a very quick email communication with patphelan today, the SMS issue is now resolved.

The problem is that I was not sending the SMS message to the underlying SMS Maxroam number. I was sending SMS messages to my Maxroam USA number which doesn't work. I was only told of the underlying SMS number after communicating with patphelan.

I've told him that this information should be shown in the Maxroam account details, and instructions on how to send messages to a Maxroam number should be included in their FAQ.

Customer Support
Barely adequate over email. Customer support is located in Ireland and they do not have 24 hour coverage, which means that email sent the them during USA business hours will not be responded to until the next day. Just like any email support there will be a back and forth exchange while various solutions are offered, so expect several days before any sort of resolution.

patphelan has told me that customer support will be going on 24 hours within 4 weeks.

Telephone customer support is available, however one must pay the prevailing Maxroam rates calls. For me that would cost $1.50/minute, for USA to Ireland. I haven't called for obvious reasons.

I've also told patphelan that the website and the instructions sent with the SMS card should indicate that the customer will pay for the call to customer support. I only found this out after emailing customer support.

I am glad my SMS problem was resolved quickly once patphelan and communicated, but frankly it shouldn't have taken an email to the CEO to solve this type of problem.

I'm hoping that as customer support ramps up over the next several weeks, their responses will be more helpful and timely, like my communication directly with patphelan. If they can resolve issues like he can, then they're on the right track to grow.

Bottom Line
I'll use Maxroam as a backup on my upcoming travels, but I will buy a local SIM card.

Old
  (#130)
ViJu (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 27-10-2007, 17:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocknock View Post
SIM card was not sent via registered mail (which cost 1 Euro extra). Got the card OK so it's not a big deal, but it is still slightly annoying to have paid for a service and not have it followed through.
The same situation with my order . SIM card was sent by regular mail, although it was ordered and paid as registered .