PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
akraus88 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 10-09-2013, 23:18

Does anybody have any idea what happens after the month has passed and I don't want the local number for 5 pounds. Will the local IMSI also stop working or just the local number, but I will still enjoy local rates and use the UK phone number?

Old
  (#2)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 10-09-2013, 23:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraus88 View Post
Does anybody have any idea what happens after the month has passed and I don't want the local number for 5 pounds. Will the local IMSI also stop working or just the local number, but I will still enjoy local rates and use the UK phone number?
The local number is tied to your IMSI.

If you don't keep your local number you can't use the local IMSI anymore.

So, when your number expires you go back to the roaming rates (= you still enjoy free incoming in the Toggle countries).

What you can do however, is order a new free number every 30 days if you want to keep the local rates without paying the 5£.

But IMO if you are traveling regularly to a Toggle country it's much more convenient (and cheap too) to get the local number for 5£ per year.

Last edited by MBK; 10-09-2013 at 23:39..

Old
  (#3)
akraus88 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 10-09-2013, 23:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBK View Post
The local number is tied to your IMSI.

If you don't keep your local number you can't use the local IMSI anymore.

So, when your number expires you go back to the roaming rates (= you still enjoy free incoming in the Toggle countries).

What you can do however, is order a new free number every 30 days if you want to keep the local rates without paying the 5£.

But IMO if you are traveling regularly to a Toggle country it's much more convenient (and cheap too) to get the local number for 5£ per year.
Figured that. Thanks for clarifying it.

Btw, did you actually try to receive a call on the USA number, and see if it was billed for?

Tags
netherlands, toggle