PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 15-03-2012, 20:11

I agree... Most bob dealers don't have a clue. In fact there's only one bob voice card - the vertrag one. Once you recharge it, it becomes a wertkarte, otherwise you have to provide your banking info to continue as a vertrag account.

This being said, I found bob's wertkarte datenpaket to be much more reliable than that from yesss!.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#22)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 15-03-2012, 21:08

They offer a special (voice) Wertkarte SIM which means prepaid. And now, new, the Vielwert-Wertkarte.

Have you successfully changed a contract SIM (not yet registered) into a Prepaid Wertkarte by top up by voucher?

This method is also usual with A1 contract SIMs, which can be recharged with a voucher and be kept alive, even after the contract is discontinued.

Last edited by 9eor9; 15-03-2012 at 21:14..

Old
  (#23)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 16-03-2012, 05:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9eor9 View Post
They offer a special (voice) Wertkarte SIM which means prepaid. And now, new, the Vielwert-Wertkarte.
Not at the post office, or at least not last December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9eor9 View Post
Have you successfully changed a contract SIM (not yet registered) into a Prepaid Wertkarte by top up by voucher?
Yes

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#24)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-03-2012, 09:19

// They offer a special (voice) Wertkarte SIM which means prepaid. And now, new, the Vielwert-Wertkarte. //

// Not at the post office, or at least not last December. //

Now they do.

https://shop.bob.at/is-bin/INTERSHOP...ilkom-bob-Site and I saw it in a Libro shop.

What they do not offer is a sepatate Datenpaket Wertkarte only for data, so you need a voice Wertkarte with activation of the Datenpaket option.

Old
  (#25)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-03-2012, 11:11

WARNING:
The conversion does not work with a data SIM!

I checked the balance (balance was zero) with *101# and received a message:

"Sie haben noch 0 gratis Einheiten (Minuten/SMS). Bitte melden Sie sich zu bob Vertrag an oder laden Sie einen Bon auf, um bob als Wertkarte zu nutzen"

I bought a bob voucher and entered the code. Answer: "bob bon Aufladung nicht erfolgt, spezieller bob bon nicht aufladbar" (failure).

Then I called the customer service 0043-680600680 and the lady explained me that a data SIM cannot be recharged with a voucher and that the tarriff of it cannot be changed. I replied that I only did what the bob message had recommended and that they ask their customers impossible things to do.
She was not able to send me a free voice SIM that I had asked for. Then she suggested to write a letter to bob, to explain the whole matter and to again ask for a free SIM. That I'll do...........

Old
  (#26)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 20-03-2012, 17:56

Now bob sent me a mail, they will send me a free Wertkarten SIM......
Bingo, VladS!

Old
  (#27)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-05-2012, 14:03

The activation of the Datenpaket Wertkarte (1GB/30days/4€ is only possible
once a month.
This is in contradiction to their terms and conditions which say that after the 1GB has been used before the end of the 30 days period, a new Datenpaket can be activated and a new 30 days period begins. I've had that and the 2nd activation failed. The customer service (0800-680680 then during menu press # to speak personally) confirmed the error in the description of the tariff details.

Tags
datenpaket, w-cdma