PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#401)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 11-04-2014, 00:08

Here comes some more experience with toggle:

Although local numbers may expire the related local IMSIs seem to remain active forever. So despite you may have lost your local number, your toggle SIM will still use the local IMSI to register on the local network and you will be charged "local rates" even if your local number has expired long time ago. So there is no need to re-activate a local number if you don't need a local number but only seek the lower local rates.

Although the tiny state of Liechtenstein has its own cellular networks (MCC 295) and despite toggle lists quite expensive rates for Liechtenstein, Liechtenstein is being treated as Switzerland by toggle.
On the one hand that means if you have a Swiss IMSI you will get the cheap local rates also in Liechtenstein. On the other hand, however, you cannot roam using the "Roaming" IMSI anymore but you must use the Swiss IMSI which can only register on "swisscom FL" (295-01) (once you have a Swiss IMSI registration through the Roaming IMSI is rejected by all Liechtenstein networks (FL1, Orange FL, swisscom FL)).
This is very likely a side effect of the fact that swisscom offers free roaming between Liechtenstein and Swisscom for their customers from both countries. By the way the Swiss swisscom network, which is Lycamobile Switzerland's physical home network, uses 228-01 as MCC/MNC-tuple, so Liechtenstein and Switzerland have at least different virtual Radio Access Networks (which however probably both use the same core network).

Toggle's text messages are still full of grammatical and typographical errors. The SMS providing written APN settings as well as their website still say "Swiss" instead of "Switzerland" while the earlier SMS clarifying call rates gives the correct country name just to be followed by a double flaw: "Welcome to Switzerland. Its costs £0.28/min....".
By the way, why doesn't toggle send those APN settings as OTA SMS so the phone can take these settings automatically after user approval? It's pretty stupid to send APN settings as plain human-readable SMS when there's a so much more convenient way.

Toggle's STK application does not work at all on a Nokia Asha 210 DualSIM. My phone did neither register automatically on any Austrian network for 30 minutes nor did it on any network available in Liechtenstein (which includes all the Swiss networks beaming from the surrounding mountains) although it was in automatic IMSI selection mode (set in the STK menu) as well as in automatic network selection mode (set in the phone settings).

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#402)
ChrisNeedsToKnow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-05-2014, 10:32

Thanks, Inquisitor, for all the details you keep providing! Very interesting!

I have a problem with toggle: For a few days now I do not receive my mTANs from my bank when trying to effect a transaction. That´s text-messages to my German Toggle#.

I rebooted the phone, logged it into the Swiss and German networks, all to no avail.

I do receive all other text messages, both from other mobiles and from internet sites.

The bank (DiBa) sais that they do not have generel problems in this regard.

It´s odd - any idea of what I could do short of changing the number with DiBa?

Thanks for any possible ideas,
Rgds, Christian

Old
  (#403)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 06-05-2014, 11:06

I would rather assume an issue with your bank's SMS routing. These bulk SMS service providers which banks and other online services use for SMS delivery often fail to deliver SMS to full MVNOs (such as Lycamobile/toggle) as they either don't have a working route to the corresponding network or because of failing number lookups on the porting database which reveals to which network each single number belongs. It would be interesting to see if German Lycamobile subscribers can receive SMS from your bank which would allow to isolate Lycamobile Germany or toggle as point of failure. But that's obviously impossible from your bank account.
In any case you should complain again with your bank and tell them that you strongly suspect an issue with their SMS provider when delivering SMS to Lycamobile Germany, which is a full MVNO and so requires individual interconnection.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#404)
Advanced Member

Default 06-05-2014, 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
...In any case you should complain again with your bank...
Thanks a lot!

I´ll get back to the bank in any case.

Seems I forgot to mention a pretty important piece of information: It worked since I have my toggle#, and just stopped working 2 days ago.

At first I hoped it´d fix itself after a while, now I´m starting to get worried.

I´ll bug the bank and wait another few days, then I´ll just change the SMS-destination. :/

Thanks again, Inquisitor, for your professional insight!

Old
  (#405)
Advanced Member

Default 07-05-2014, 22:06

Tried again today, and it´s working now.

Bit of a strange feeling to maybe not being able to effect a transfer, or receive all kind of SMS. :/

Rgds, Christian

Old
  (#406)
togglemobile (Offline)

Default 10-06-2014, 17:18

Hi Chris,
We could help you with the issue?
Can you please explain the issue you are facing with SMS ?

best,
toggle team

Old
  (#407)
Advanced Member

Default 11-06-2014, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by togglemobile View Post
Hi Chris,
We could help you with the issue?
Can you please explain the issue you are facing with SMS ?

best,
toggle team
Hi Toogle Team,

good to see you here.

The following would be nice:
  • option to disable "welcome to (country)" messages (i commute each day, 6 mssgs every day are annoying!)
  • (serious) data packages
  • option to port numbers from each possible country to (and from!) the sim
  • numbers from Belgium (as promised about a year ago )
I have a feeling that your product could be a really serious mass-market-product, especially for business customers. But in order to be the same it would need above features (except Belgian numbers )

Old
  (#408)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-06-2014, 09:45

New lower European regulatory price caps will be force from 1st July 2014, so what will Toggle's new GBP prices be? The price caps are specified in EUR without VAT in Articles 8(2), 10(2) and 13(2) of Regulation (EU) No 31/2012, and in order to convert the price caps to GBP, the EUR/GBP exchange rate is calculated in accordance with Article 1(7) by taking the average of the exchange rates published in the Official Journal of the European Union on 1st March 2014, 1st April 2014 and 1st May 2014, which is 0.82581. Consequently the price caps will be £0.1569/min for outgoing calls, £0.0495 for outgoing SMS and £0.1652/MB for data. UK VAT of 20% is then added when roaming inside the EU VAT area, but not when roaming in parts of the European Economic Area that are outside the EU VAT area, specifically Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Gibraltar, the Åland Islands, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Réunion, the Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla, in accordance with Article 19 of the Value Added Tax (Place of Supply of Services) Order 1992. The United Kingdom opted to exempt non-EU VAT area roaming from UK VAT under Article 9(3)(a) of Council Directive 77/388 ("the Sixth VAT Directive") so that it could impose UK VAT on services used in the UK but billed outside the UK (e.g. US-based services marketed to UK residents).

In view of the new price caps and the existing VAT rules, please could the Toggle representative confirm the new prices from 1st July 2014?

Last edited by NFH; 11-06-2014 at 09:54..

Old
  (#409)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-06-2014, 23:50

The published Toggle pricelist is not really up to date. Recently I received a call in a EU country where the Toggle pricelist claims it would be charged 19p per call. I was happy to see, it has been charged according to the current EU price cap regulation instead.

In the case of data they charged me 67p/MB in some EU countries few months ago. Way above the EU price cap regulated price.

Old
  (#410)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 13-06-2014, 19:42

Dear fellow Togglemobile users,

I've been travelling extensivley this spring and my togglemobile UK SIM has served me very good in India. Call rates as follows:

Making calls 1.64 £/min
Local calls 2.35 £/min
Receiving calls 0.00 £/min
Send SMS 0.48 £/SMS
Data 1.34 £/MB

Then I went over to the toggmobile NL website to check rates and found to my surprise the following rates:

Making calls 1.61 ct/min
Local calls 2.32 ct/min
Receiving calls 0.00 ct/min
Send SMS 0.14 ct/sms

I am curious if this is just a typing mistake or if the togglemobile NL SIM has realy so much lower call rates than the UK SIM. Has anyone experiences regarding this?

BK

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Last edited by bourbonkiller; 13-06-2014 at 19:56..

Tags
netherlands, toggle