PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Patthecat (Offline)

Default wind Mega unlimited 12€/m - 03-08-2012, 21:01

Hi all,

i am in italy on and Off for the next Couple of years, Staying always for 2-3 weeks then coming back 2-3 months later, again staying2-3 weeks.....

Now, apparently what I need for IPad and Samsung Galaxy ( according to my local Wind/Tim dealer) is a WIND Huawei wifi thing for 69 €. Ok, got that.
Next, a prepaid sim card.
Here it gets tricky: he says,that on WIND mega unlimited ( currently promotion for 12€/ month !!) 1 gb/ month, there is no obligation to pay EVERY month...?
I only pay the months I am actually in Italy and load up on my prepaid card.

Once I have no credit and don't come back to Italy, there simply is no charge to the card...? Then, the month I come back, I put 15 € on the card and it is reinstated.....?

is that correct?

HELP!
Thank
P

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 08-08-2012, 09:25

No, it's not correct. You pay ALL the months, regardless if you use it or not. BTW it offers 10GB, not 1. And it's at 12€/month by now, but only if you buy an usb dongle with a sim-card.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
Patthecat (Offline)

Default Ohoh! - 08-08-2012, 20:19

Effendi, thanks for your reply. Yes you are right on the 10 GB...

So, that means, whenever I don't load up on my prepaid, and return after 3 months they will want to deduct 3x12€ for the past months?
What would happen if I then only load 15 € onto it?

The dealer said it was only neccessary to see my passport to create an Codice fiscale, no address in Italy required.He also insisted there is no contract (24 months) with wind, since that is the only thing I was interested in......

Hm, I am a little confused, unfortunately the wind.it website is not available in English where this is clearly stated. I can't find it in Italian....

Thank you again...!
P

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 09-08-2012, 15:09

Let's make it clear. It's a prepaid, so it's true there's no contract at all. You can deactivate the option at any time, but you loose the promotion if you do it before 24 months.

If you want to get the 12€/month offer you have to:
- buy a Wind internet key (the cheapest at 29€, including a sim-card with 5€ of credit).
- refill that card (5€ are not enough, you need at least 12.01€).
- write an SMS with "PROMO UNLIMITED SI" to 4033 from that sim-card.
- wait for the option to be activated (confirmation SMS).

From the moment you receive the SMS confirming the PROMO UNLIMITED is active you can start surfing at 12€/month.

You can deactivate the data option at any time writing "UNLIMITED NO" to 4033. It will be still available until the end of the 30 days of validity.

After the 30 days have passed, not a single cent will be taken from your prepaid account, unless you use the card, of course.

If you need the data option again you have to activate it writing "UNLIMITED SI" to 4033, but they will bill you 5€ as an activation cost plus 20€ for the monthly fee (no more 12€).

So it's a very good option if you need to use it for several months continuosly, but not if you need to activate and deactivate it more times.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#5)
Patthecat (Offline)

Default 12-08-2012, 21:27

Thank you effendi,
You have Cleared everythimg now....

Thrn this Option is a very Good One for me.....I have signed up, am surfing now and have a complete ease of mind. The dealer confirmed exactly what you had written.

Thank you very very much for your comments!

P

Old
  (#6)
stickman (Offline)

Default 19-08-2012, 14:04

Effendi, I have a question about this:

I want to get a Huawei E5331 MiFi with the Mega Unlimited plan, but I'll be using the SIM card with my SIII smartphone, so on top of the data plan I'd like to add a "Noi Tutti" plan. I see it can be added through an SMS, so unless they are not compatible, I suppose it should be possible.

On the other hand, do you know if there is any option so I can add a fixed line number I can call with "unlimited" minutes (unlimited not really needed, but something on top of the mobile minutes) on top of the "verso tutti" plans?

I'm asking that because I want to add a local access gateway for my voip service as this fixed number so I can call back home.

BTW, can I get a multisim card so I can use the data plan in my tablet and my smartphone simultaneously?

Thanks!

Old
  (#7)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 20-08-2012, 11:28

You can add both the Mega Unlimited and any "verso tutti" option, no compatibility problems. There's no option to call a landline number for unlimited minutes, there's only one to call another Wind number (Noi2 Unlimited).
With Wind you cannot have a double sim, only one with one number.
With TIM and Vodafone you can have a double sim on postpaid, but I fear you cannot on prepaid. You have to buy 2.