PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Gargoyle (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 30-01-2007, 08:49

I'm still trying to get mega 300 to work. It is active, they are billing me €8 per month. I went to 155.it and clicked the activate GPRS button, and went through all the confirmation. I haven't rec'd an SMS confirming the activation of GPRS, but when I check my account it says I have that. However, whenever I try to log on with GPRS it says I either don't have that active or I need the correct password/username.

My modem settings (XP) won't hold the init string, I have to re-enter it every time. I'm using a Motorola V400, with motorola phone tools v.4.

I'm about to give up, cancel it and get a vodafone MMS/UTMS card. Any ideas?

Old
  (#12)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 30-01-2007, 09:54

If on the 155.it it shows GPRS is active it means it should be active and probably you have some problem with the phone and/or the settings. Also the fact that you can't hold the init string is quite unusual... Are you using some Motorola software or just a remote-access connection with Xp? Did you select internet.wind as APN? If the init-string doesn't work you better set it on the phone as well... maybe you have some other preset APN on the phone...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#13)
Gargoyle (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 30-01-2007, 11:58

It's working at the moment, finally. I think the problem is that this town in Toscana has extremely poor Wind coverage. I walked all over town till I found a spot where I get three bars of signal on the phone, and now it works.

The error msg I was getting was "The GPRS connection could not be established, make sure that you have subscribed to the DATA option and that the GPRS network is accessible. Contact your (WIND) service provider for more details." So I think the problem is that the network is rarely accessible here.

Old
  (#14)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Wink 30-01-2007, 12:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
It's working at the moment, finally. I think the problem is that this town in Toscana has extremely poor Wind coverage.
I'm curious, now. Maybe we are very close

Yuo can contact me by PM, too

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG