PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default If you have a Spanish prepaid SIM.... - 31-05-2009, 13:00

... be prepared to get some marketing calls from Movistar/Telefonica (originating from 1485).

Movistar have been doing some very aggressive marketing in the last few weeks, in some attempt to push up customer numbers. If you have a SIM from Yoigo, Lebara, Simyo or any of the other Spanish MVNO's and happen to be in Spain in the next few months, you are more than likely to get a call from this number.

However, it is not neccessarily a bad thing. I got a call on one of my Yoigo SIM's the other day and they offered me a special contract designed around the Yoigo rates but improving on Yoigo's conditions by a very long way (and with a free Nokia 5800 phone too).

And it gets better! A friend of mine was on Lebara, got a call but turned down any attempt by them to get her onto contract with Movistar (she is not resident here). However, after a bit of a negotiation, she got ported onto a "Lebara equivalent" prepaid SIM deal but on Movistar. She also gets a few extra goodies such as some free weekend calls to landlines (good for calling gateways) and a basic Samsung handset for free. Not bad for a prepaid SIM with no minimum term!!

So be prepared, and you manage to get something half decent for free!

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 15-06-2009, 23:35

Careful though. They lie!

I was sweet-talked into a contract, which I am now trying to undo. They have these annoying verbal contracts here where they record snipets of the conversation. Unfortunately, I have discovered no less than 4 big lies in the "Special Yoigo tariff" that they promised me. Luckily they don't really have much of a leg to stand on, so I should be able to undo this fairly easily.

What I wrote earlier about prepaids is still true though. My friend assures me she has had no further problems.