PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
stefandim (Offline)

Default CallInEurope in France - 18-01-2009, 00:45

Has anyone tried this provider in France? I am soon moving there and I am searching for a suitable contract or prepaid for a low usage profile. I am currently trying to choose between Simyo and CallInEurope, which I did not see discussed in this forum.

CallInEurope is postpaid and uses the network of SFR, as far as I understand, but with no commitment and interesting prices, when I compare it with the other contracts and prepaid cards.

CallinEurope : Pass Europe. 1re Offre de tlphonie Mobile Europenne. Carte SIM France.

The prices in short, as far as I can translate their price list:

In France:
0.19 EUR/min to all networks with tact 60/1
0.085 EUR/SMS to all networks

It is possible to select tact 1/1, but with connection fee of 0.09 EUR.

0.59 EUR/MB for GPRS with tact 10 kb

0.39 EUR/min to EU countries with tact 60/60
0.15 EUR/SMS to EU cuntries

In roaming:
0.19 EUR/min for incoming calls in EU with tact 60/60
0.39 EUR/min for calls to EU, while roaming in EU with tact 60/60

3.90 EUR/MB for GPRS in EU with tact 100 kb

Activation fee: 29 EUR
Minimum usage: 15 EUR/3 months
No minimum contract length

As far as I understand, at the end of each 3 months, if you have made less than 15 EUR of usage, you have the option to cancel the contract or to pay the difference to 15 EUR.

Payment should be done using a credit card or a deposit of 750 EUR should be paid for other types of payment, if I understand it correctly.

The offer looks good at first sight, but it would be better to see the comments from someone, who has actually used it.

Old
  (#2)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 07-02-2009, 03:31

I too have been using their V33 (France) card for about 6 months now and haven't had any issues aside from a small billing issue with the initial order.

The V33 product is basically an SFR postpaid account, billed to your credit card in US funds on a monthly basis.

Potential buyers should note the annual $60 usage requirement.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#3)
stefandim (Offline)

Default 07-02-2009, 11:45

I was just planning to buy one of their SIM card and wanted to know if other users have experience with it, because the website for their offer for EU residents is only in French, which I don't speak.

As a matter of fact, I received their SIM card and was immidately disappointed, as it turns out it is not possible to deactivate the voice mail, which is activated by default when the phone is busy, out of coverage or I do not answer in 20 seconds.

If any user had shared that already, I would have not even bought the card in the first place.

Last edited by andy; 23-04-2009 at 19:40.. Reason: remove quote and response to deleted post

Old
  (#4)
stefandim (Offline)

Default 07-02-2009, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
I too have been using their V33 (France) card for about 6 months now and haven't had any issues aside from a small billing issue with the initial order.

The V33 product is basically an SFR postpaid account, billed to your credit card in US funds on a monthly basis.

Potential buyers should note the annual $60 usage requirement.
You are talking about their offer for non EU residents. My first post described their offer for EU residents, which is again SFR postpaid, but is billed in Euros and has 15 EUR usage requirement each 3 months. Once I receive my first bill, I will report my impressions as well.

Also, as I already said, keep in mind it is not possible to deactivate the voice mail. Can you check if the voice mail cannot be deactivated also for the V33 SIM card you have?

Old
  (#5)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-03-2009, 18:26

Does this work as a Call back service? What's wrong if you get a message sent to a voice mail? Is it the extra charge for getting a call you don't answer?

Old
  (#6)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 23-04-2009, 18:57

CallinEurope are in the process of revising the terms on their France postpaid SIM (V33).

The new plan will have a minimum billing equirement of $20 every 3 months. As a reminder, the old plan had a requirement of $60 every 12 months.

This along with the strong US$ against the Euro, make this a pretty sour deal for occasional users.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Tags
callineurope, france