PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-03-2016, 01:27

Thanks Gnarfy.

Great that you actually have registered for this info.
I'm currently checking all the options:

Bitrefill seems to be the cheapest, but you need Bitcoins and small numbers may have some extra fees at the bit exchanges. On the other hand, you save another currency conversion from your own currency to UAH. Thanks for the confirmation that Bitrefill works for MTS Ukraine -> Vodafone. Fees are around 8%.

What the "regular" top-up agencies are concerned 'Pay724' seems to be the cheapest. But it looks a bit dubious. Better use it with a debit card. The domain is registered in Moldavia. It has an iOS app and refers to an US company. Fees are around 12% as the exchange rate to UAH is very unstable.

A more established agency is ezetop.com, now also called ding.com They only charge slightly more: around 13% right now.

I'm considering to put the offer back on the prepaid data WIKI. I will only recalculate the conversion to € and show top-up options. Originally UAH:EUR were 30:1, right now exchange rate is around 28:1 - so I'm going to use 25 to implement the top-up fees. It still gives great roaming rates, but for domestic data there might be cheaper options in some countries (e.g. Poland).

Other options and proposals are very welcome. Thanks for your contribution.

Last edited by wolfbln; 06-03-2016 at 01:35.. Reason: add-on

Old
  (#22)
akraus88 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-03-2016, 04:55

Quick question.

Can you mistakenly latch onto a non Vodafone network and deplete your balance or they won't allow that? If they do allow manually selecting another network, will it at least catch automatically a Vodafone network?

Last edited by akraus88; 06-03-2016 at 05:08..

Old
  (#23)
Gnarfy (Offline)

Default 06-03-2016, 06:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraus88 View Post
Can you mistakenly latch onto a non Vodafone network and deplete your balance or they won't allow that?
The phone connects preferred to Vodafone. But if there is no Vodafone network and automatic network search is activated it will connect to any other network!

Old
  (#24)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 06-03-2016, 09:00

You should set your phone (or router or USB dongle) to manual network selection just to be sure.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#25)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-03-2016, 13:48

Yes. Make a manual network selection for Vodafone and lock it there. My SIM card doesn't have Vodafone preferences pre-installed. I checked.

But I don't think that you can loose all of your credit roaming on a non-Vodafone network as Vodafone UA says in the fine print of its website:
"Speed of mobile internet in roaming will be 8 Kbit/s ..... after using 2 MB per day while registration in other [= non-Vodafone] networks."

So there seems to be a protection built in, but I haven't checked it for obvious reasons.

Btw. I will reestablish the links on the prepaid data WIKI to this SIM today with a new conversion based on real expenses and surcharges for the top-ups, as we have verified now fairly reasonable top-up options thanks to your help. As said before, it's still a great roaming option but for domestic data better compare to other offers too.

Last edited by wolfbln; 06-03-2016 at 13:55..

Old
  (#26)
akraus88 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-03-2016, 22:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarfy View Post
The phone connects preferred to Vodafone. But if there is no Vodafone network and automatic network search is activated it will connect to any other network!
Thanks, wanted to check if it's fool proof.

Old
  (#27)
akraus88 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 11-03-2016, 04:26

I found another thing which makes it unattractive.

You can't use more than 10 GB. In 30 days. Can anybody confirm?

Old
  (#28)
lover08 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 11-03-2016, 04:34

The rules are:

1) You activate "Feel Like Home" deal on RED S or M or L
2) RED S you have 500 MB RED M you have 2GB RED L you have 5GB
3) after usage of 500 MB or 2GB or 5GB you will be charged 10 UAH - 500 MB more within 30 days cycle of your plan
4) you can be charged max. 10 times within this cycle - example you have RED S and you used 500 MB so you can use up to 10 x 500 MB more and then your speed will be limited 8 kb/s till end of your monthly cycle
5) so your limits are: RED S - 500 MB + 10 x 500 MB = 5.5GB
RED M - 2GB + 10 x 500 MB = 7GB
RED L - 5GB + 10 x 500 MB = 10GB

If you need so many Internet so you can buy two or three SIM card so you can just use a second, third sim card when you exceed your limits

Old
  (#29)
akraus88 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 11-03-2016, 04:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lover08 View Post
The rules are:

1) You activate "Feel Like Home" deal on RED S or M or L
2) RED S you have 500 MB RED M you have 2GB RED L you have 5GB
3) after usage of 500 MB or 2GB or 5GB you will be charged 10 UAH - 500 MB more within 30 days cycle of your plan
4) you can be charged max. 10 times within this cycle - example you have RED S and you used 500 MB so you can use up to 10 x 500 MB more and then your speed will be limited 8 kb/s till end of your monthly cycle
5) so your limits are: RED S - 500 MB + 10 x 500 MB = 5.5GB
RED M - 2GB + 10 x 500 MB = 7GB
RED L - 5GB + 10 x 500 MB = 10GB

If you need so many Internet so you can buy two or three SIM card so you can just use a second, third sim card when you exceed your limits
Thanks. I'm now reading above for you that if no FEEL LIKE HOME is activated, you'll be charged 30 UAH per day + 10 UAH per 500 MB. What limitations is there on this one? If I want data only, isn't this a better way to do? Just don't activate any feel like home plan?

Old
  (#30)
Gnarfy (Offline)

Default 11-03-2016, 06:48

Roaming without roam like home costs at least 1200 UAH/month if you use it every day. You can use up to 5GB/day.