PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
ogxjason15 (Offline)

Default TIM Prepaid - 16-10-2012, 04:30

Hello, I purchased a TIM Prepaid from telestial.com and was wondering how the activation process works. They told me that I needed to send a copy of my passport along with the sim card information (ICCID/Phone#) and a signed copy of the declaration so that they can register me into the system. Will the phone activate by it self? Or do I have to be in Italy for it to activate?

I'm in the US.

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 16-10-2012, 13:37

Once you are in Italy just put the simcard inside your phone and it will activate by itself. Usually it takes just few minutes, sometimes it can take longer (some hours).

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
ogxjason15 (Offline)

Default 16-10-2012, 21:37

Thanks....Another question, do I just send a text message to 40916 with the message "TIMSMARTMAXI ON" to activate the 500MB/week? Which APN do I use for this? ibox.tim.it? or the wap.tim.it. VoIP/Tethering works on this plan correct?

Also, can I activate a different data plan like the one with 5GB for € 19.00/month? (assuming I add another €20 into my sim) and which APN does this use?

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 17-10-2012, 11:06

You can activate only 1 option at a time.
With TIMSMARTMAXI you can use both APNs. The wap APN is for mobile surfing, but no tethering. So use the web APN (ibox.tim.it) with which you can do anything.

Always use the web APN unless you activate a mobile-surfing-only option, such as TIMxSMARTPHONE (non MAXI).

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim