PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default new MNVO "Telesim" (one new every day now or what? - 15-12-2006, 10:52

A new MNVO on Vistream started today.

They charge 13.5 ct/min in all german networks -- with 3 minutes billing increment

The international roaming tariffs are nearly similar to che-mobil and sunsim.

here is the complete price list:

http://www.telesim.de/docs/preisblatt_national.pdf

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#2)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default Re: new MNVO "Telesim" (one new every day now or w - 15-12-2006, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq
3 minutes billing increment

I hope that they can be the only one network with this system for a long time...

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#3)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default Re: new MNVO "Telesim" (one new every day now or w - 15-12-2006, 14:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreA
Quote:

I hope that they can be the only one network with this system for a long time...
yes, totally shocking. reminds me of some landline providers who charge 5 minute increments here. totally useless in my opinion.

Old
  (#4)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default Re: new MNVO "Telesim" (one new every day now or w - 18-12-2006, 23:19

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yes, totally shocking. reminds me of some landline providers who charge 5 minute increments here. totally useless in my opinion.
Hey, not quite! Billing increments are not so important by themselves. Only increment/minute rate combination really matters. You don't like telesim because you would have to pay the multiple of 40.5 cents for any call. But if the rate were 1 cents/min even 10 minute increments wouldn't be that bad. OTOH even 1 second increments with very high rates may not be so good, e.g. calls to satphones in Hop cost $6/min what means as much as $0.10/sec.
I think that the honest solution is only when each increment cost the lowest (or at most the next one) nominal of the currency of the billing.

Old
  (#5)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default Re: new MNVO "Telesim" (one new every day now or w - 19-12-2006, 08:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hey, not quite! Billing increments are not so important by themselves. Only increment/minute rate combination really matters. You don't like telesim because you would have to pay the multiple of 40.5 cents for any call. But if the rate were 1 cents/min even 10 minute increments wouldn't be that bad. OTOH even 1 second increments with very high rates may not be so good, e.g. calls to satphones in Hop cost $6/min what means as much as $0.10/sec.
I think that the honest solution is only when each increment cost the lowest (or at most the next one) nominal of the currency of the billing.
Yes, you are right.
In theory you of course will call a destination with 1.5ct/min minute increment than with 5ct/min second increment billing...

But in reality the 5-minute increment billing companies only charge approx 0.1 ct/min or 0.5ct/min less on their tariff than the others (at least here in germany) -- just to be placed at number one in the tariff charts from the "call by call" lists. Or they tend to swap between 1 and 5 minute increments every 2 weeks or so. This behaviour is just to gain maximum profit and nothing else.

Chris

Old
  (#6)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default Re: new MNVO "Telesim" (one new every day now or w - 19-12-2006, 11:57

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
Yes, you are right.
In theory you of course will call a destination with 1.5ct/min minute increment than with 5ct/min second increment billing...

But in reality the 5-minute increment billing companies only charge approx 0.1 ct/min or 0.5ct/min less on their tariff than the others (at least here in germany) -- just to be placed at number one in the tariff charts from the "call by call" lists. Or they tend to swap between 1 and 5 minute increments every 2 weeks or so. This behaviour is just to gain maximum profit and nothing else.
The problem is that there's no good measure (and I'm not quite sure if it may exist at all) of comparison of any two tariffs. Per minute rate is a part of the deal only - increments, setup fee or minimal fee are the other ones.

And as to making max profits - that is what all the companies should make. The problem is when they can make profits even with bad reputation and acting "on the edge of legality"