PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
Murch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default SIM card arrived - 02-01-2008, 22:08

Hope you all had wonderful Christmas and a good start into 2008!

It took a while but it reached by Registered Mail from UK. Nice packing and professional design. Insert the SIM and go. It works so far. Mid/end of January I will have the opportunity to test it in India and UAE.
Results will be posted as soon as possible.

T-Mobile • Fonic • Etisalat • Hala • Airtel
Nokia 6230 / Nokia 6230i / Nokia 2610 / CECT MT6227 (Dual SIM) - awesome!

Old
  (#22)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-01-2008, 01:19

What are the rates for India?

Old
  (#23)
Murch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 04-01-2008, 13:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
What are the rates for India?
Bbest check BLUEFIREWIRELESS website for this detail. It depends from where you call:
http://www.bluefirewireless.com/call_rates.php

incoming calls are free except for the following countries:

Afghanistan - Argentina - Armenia - Bangladesh - Bhutan - Brunei - Cambodia - Canada - Dominican Republic - Ecuador - Finland - Gabon - Indonesia - Kyrgyzstan - Laos - Macau - Malaysia - Maldives - Mexico - Nepal - Panama - Peru - Phillipines - Russia - Seychelles - Singapore - Sri Lanka - Taiwan - Thailand - Turkmenistan - Uruguay - USA - Uzbekistan

This is the information given in the USER GUIDE. Although they state this list may change since new agreements are being confirmed. Let's see...

Old
  (#24)
alexmore (Offline)

Default 04-01-2008, 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murch View Post
Hope you all had wonderful Christmas and a good start into 2008!

It took a while but it reached by Registered Mail from UK. Nice packing and professional design. Insert the SIM and go. It works so far. Mid/end of January I will have the opportunity to test it in India and UAE.
Results will be posted as soon as possible.
Ciao Murch,
what +447xxx use bluefire sim?
Alex

Old
  (#25)
hrgajek (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 04-01-2008, 17:06

Hello from Germany,

if the Bluefire SIM works well, some of us would like to have some details, e.g. like the Prefix for this card +44 7xxx x for example.

Most of us had bad experience with the gone "callkey" IoM card which disappeared from one to the next day. (Was sold under "Globalsim", "GT-SIM" and much much other brands)

Somebody here suggested the german-based vistream SIM-Cards.
vistream (powered by Materna) is a virtual network operator using the German e-plus Network.
Prefix is +49-1570-xxxxxxx

vistream Customers report about strange problems with Callback-Roaming in various foreign countries. It may work, but it may not work, too. German speaking/understanding readers could have a look at www.telefon-treff.de for more details.

vistream uses a Dual IMSI SIM-Card with SAT-Callback, which is a little bit more sophisticated than the known SIM-cards from IoM, UM or other Companies. So should have a newer SAT-compatible phone (like Nokia 6310i or later)

As a addendum or backup to the Bluefire Card you should give United-Mobile a try:

UM offers two tariffs/cards:

UM423 (based in Liechtenstein) includes a lot of countries like China (PRC) where incoming calls are free. You can get one in a Swiss Postal-Office or mobilezone or from www.callfrom.de in Germany (not listed on this page)
Disadvantage can be the prefix +423-663 which is billed premium-rate in some countries.

UM+ (based on Isle of Jersey) has less countries with free incoming, but offers some countries, the UM423 does not and vice versa.
UM+ SIM-Card is available from www.united-mobile.com

There are some threads in this forum with more details with United-Mobile.

Hope this will help you.

73 & 55 (Regards)
Henning Gajek
on air with:
Telekom (T-Mobile) DE - Vodafone DE - Telefonica-(o2) DE - FreeTimeTele.com (DE/UK) - Swisscom CH -

Old
  (#26)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 04-01-2008, 23:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrgajek View Post
if the Bluefire SIM works well, some of us would like to have some details, e.g. like the Prefix for this card +44 7xxx x for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmore View Post
Ciao Murch,
what +447xxx use bluefire sim?
Alex
see above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I think that these SIMs will have the Wire9 prefix +4478722, ...

Old
  (#27)
Murch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default prefix - 05-01-2008, 17:58

Andy is absolutely right.
The number is +447872....

When dialing you have to add # at the end, example: +4937512345#
After a few seconds you receive a call and you are being connected to the desired number.
(Dis)advantage: the number is not shown when you dial (at least while calling from Germany)

SMS is trouble free. Incoming calls work well and the line quality seems to be as good as with any other card.

Hope you all have a nice Saturday evening...
I'm hosted by our couch with a nice flu and hope to get well before monday when work will have me back.

Old
  (#28)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-01-2008, 17:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrgajek View Post
Most of us had bad experience with the gone "callkey" IoM card which disappeared from one to the next day. (Was sold under "Globalsim", "GT-SIM" and much much other brands)

Somebody here suggested the german-based vistream SIM-Cards.
vistream (powered by Materna) is a virtual network operator using the German e-plus Network.
Prefix is +49-1570-xxxxxxx

vistream Customers report about strange problems with Callback-Roaming in various foreign countries. It may work, but it may not work, too. German speaking/understanding readers could have a look at www.telefon-treff.de for more details.

vistream uses a Dual IMSI SIM-Card with SAT-Callback, which is a little bit more sophisticated than the known SIM-cards from IoM, UM or other Companies. So should have a newer SAT-compatible phone (like Nokia 6310i or later)
Well callkey will be back, that is what the expert here on the forum says. So don't say there gone they will be back

The same expert attacked me saying I said dual sim was a home brew solutions (I used other words) It's funny that I read now that there are indeed problems with these dual sim card. But agian there is 1 expert here that knows everything so don't speak bad

Old
  (#29)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Thumbs down 07-01-2008, 07:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
Well callkey will be back, that is what the expert here on the forum says. So don't say there gone they will be back

The same expert attacked me saying I said dual sim was a home brew solutions (I used other words) It's funny that I read now that there are indeed problems with these dual sim card. But agian there is 1 expert here that knows everything so don't speak bad
If you think to go on in this way you have good chances to be the first ever user banned on this forum. If you have problems with Andy, and it seems you have, there exist Private Messages, so please use them (or any other private communication service). I'm not tolerating other stupid personal-flames between the two of you on the public forum, so please stop here.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#30)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 07-01-2008, 09:03

Quote:
... attacked me saying I said dual sim was a home brew solutions (I used other words)
I said that the company behind it has €150million+ annual turnover and supplies other products like SMS or IVR to main networks in several countries, such as O2 SFR & Proximus. I said this for 2 reasons: you claimed it was home brew; you said you would not deal with products without financial strength behind them.

Quote:
Alternative dual sim seems like some home brew system and not a good alternative .