PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default 19-10-2010, 08:43

I have sent a text message with "START DATENFLAT" to 7777 using Mobile Partner. No response in more than 1 hour. I am not even sure that the message has been actually sent (no Sent directory to check). I am again in a total fog. USSD is still unavailable for the required option.

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 19-10-2010, 10:23

Start Mobile Partner, click the button labeled with "Text" or "SMS". Now some icons will appear below, where the first (an envelope with blue top) stands for new text message. Click it and a window for composing a new text message will appear. In the upper field enter 7777 and in the textfield below enter START DATENFLAT. Finally click "Send".

Then leave Mobile Partner opened in order to be able of receiving SMS and wait for a confirmation of your subscription. Perhaps you will be required to confirm once more - e.g. with Fonic (another provider) when you subscribe to data options by SMS you need to reply "JA" to the confirmation SMS. Just try to translate whatever Tchibo tell you in that message and take action if you are being asked for some further confirmation.

Sent messages are stored in the "Outbox" folder of Mobile Partner.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#3)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default 20-10-2010, 03:35

No confirmation for approximately 20 hours (Mobile Partner was not opened all the time though). There was nothing in Outbox for about an hour, but now I can see my message there. I have already left Germany and don't need it anymore until the next visit. What would you advise me to do ? What will happen with my account:
1). if the subscription has been successful ?
2). if it has been failed ?
And eventually, how can I know whether it was successful or not ?
Thanks.

Old
  (#4)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-10-2010, 14:08

If the subscription was successful you'll have 30 days of (useless) internet access now. If it has failed, just nothing happens.
You can find out if the subscription was successful by either checking the "Optionsstatus" through the USSD-menu (*104#) or by checking through *101# if your credit was reduced by € 19.95.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#5)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default 21-10-2010, 04:36

So ! It seems the subscription has failed. I still have € 20.04 in my account.
*104# still shows: Ein technischer Fehler ist aufgetreten. Bitte probieren Sie es sp{ter noch einmal.
Does it look reasonable that O2 can't fix the problem for about a week? I have a feeling that something is wrong with me rather than with O2. Do you get the same message with your SIM ? And the last, most important question. Can I use my account within a year starting from the top up date (e.g. until October 11, 2011) ?
Thanks !
Thanks.

Old
  (#6)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 21-10-2010, 19:34

I've just tested the USSD-menu (*104#) with my Tchibo SIM and I could access it flawlessly. Anyway suppose your problems are either caused by some component on the O2 network, as the error message comes from Tchibo or the USSD-menu is inaccessible from roaming networks.
According to this German wiki Tchibo SIMs used to remain active for 365 days after the last recharge, but since May 2010 they are active infinitely.

Old
  (#7)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default 22-10-2010, 02:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
I've just tested the USSD-menu (*104#) with my Tchibo SIM and I could access it flawlessly. Anyway suppose your problems are either caused by some component on the O2 network, as the error message comes from Tchibo or the USSD-menu is inaccessible from roaming networks.
I doubt it. The problem has started in France but continued in Germany, where I was connected to O2. Apparently something is wrong with my SIM. But how can I found out it without calling O2 or Tchibo ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
According to this German wiki Tchibo SIMs used to remain active for 365 days after the last recharge, but since May 2010 they are active infinitely.
Great, thanks !

Old
  (#8)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default 26-10-2010, 13:11

OK, now it works. Sending *104#, I receive Optionmanager. I do not continue as I plan to activate it during my next visit in Germany. I still don't know what was the cause. Most likely in Tchibo because I tried different networks in France, Germany and USA. Nothing helped during 10 days. Now I came back home and it worked from the first attempt. I doubt it is because of the local network. Most likely, it took 10 days (!!!) to Tchibo to fix the problem.
Thanks.

Tags
tchibo