PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
marcin (Offline)

Default Denmark in 2 weeks, for a full year, just local voice calls - 01-08-2010, 15:27

Hey,

In 2 weeks I'll be in Denmark and I'm goiing to spend there at least a year. Which prepaid service would you recommend? I've already done some research (data on PrePaidGSM: Denmark are from 2008/2009 so not very usefull but still, they got me directed) and I would go for the telia talk (Telia Talk - Telia). What you guys think? The most important would be: how long is the card active after 100/200 DKK refill, and that the local calls stay below 1DKK per minute.

I hope you guys can help. Thanks in advance.

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-08-2010, 15:35

I updated the pages here on PPGSM, but they didn't change so much from 2008... Rates are very expensive if you use the scratch cards top-up, while if you use internet based tariffs they are much cheaper. I think any operator could be fine, they all have quite similar rates.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
Schlips1 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 03-08-2010, 21:44

- The validity is (usually) one year.
- Some discount offers like CBB do have a no-use-fee.
- All cards using the Sonofon / Telenor Dk network are not roaming. The customer care (from Telenor Dk) will not help you recharging when outside Danemark
- For "3" you have to have a CPR number to get a prepaid SIM.
- Telia usually may be recharged with foreign (no-danish) credit cards via the Internet

Old
  (#4)
marcin (Offline)

Default 04-08-2010, 05:35

Ok, thanks guys. This CBB actually looks good but the only problem is that if you do not spend at least 30 DKK (4 EURO) during 2 months they will charge you 17 DKK (8,5 DKK for each month) so if not used, card can go blank pretty fast. But still, they look like the best choice for me..