PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Thumbs down Bad news from Wind Italy - 31-08-2010, 11:26

Starting November 15th 2010 all per KB rates will cease to exist for old and new Wind customers!

Starting from that date the only rate available for data (web) will be the time billed one, the horrible € 0.50/15 minutes (billed at 15 minutes increments).
No news about roaming rates, let's hope they will keep the actual, per KB, ones.

Also all old MEGA options will decease.
Mega1500 users will automatically migrate to Internet No Stop
Mega No Limit and Mega 15000 users will automatically migrate to Mega Unlimited.

So the only 2 data offers available will be:
- Internet No Stop: 9€/month, 1GB at full band (then 32kbps limitation applies)
- Mega Unlimited: 20€/month, 10GB at full band (then 32kbps limitation applies)

Time billed options will probably still be available, but they are already of no use.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#2)
myblogtrainer (Offline)

Default 14-09-2010, 18:37

going on vacation to Southern Italy in September and Oktober. Want to try Wind's 10 GB option for 20 Euro with my laptop.

What kind of speed can I expect?... I'm travelling around between hotels, cities and countryside.

The most important is the speed. Is wind the best or would you recommend others?

Old
  (#3)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 15-09-2010, 11:57

Southern Italy is big, it much depends where you go. Wind doesn't have the highest peak speed, but usually it's 3G is quite reliable, but it doesn't have a very widespread coverage.
Check the coverage maps first, then choose the operator.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#4)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 29-09-2010, 02:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
Starting November 15th 2010 all per KB rates will cease to exist for old and new Wind customers!

Starting from that date the only rate available for data (web) will be the time billed one, the horrible € 0.50/15 minutes (billed at 15 minutes increments).
No news about roaming rates, let's hope they will keep the actual, per KB, ones.

Mega No Limit and Mega 15000 users will automatically migrate to Mega Unlimited.

Time billed options will probably still be available, but they are already of no use.
So really the only option is No Stop. They still have the time based at $0.50/15 min but that is expensive. I don't see the Mega Unlimited on their website now.

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 29-09-2010, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
So really the only option is No Stop. They still have the time based at $0.50/15 min but that is expensive. I don't see the Mega Unlimited on their website now.
It's here:
Wind - Privati - Mega Unlimited

Old
  (#6)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 29-09-2010, 15:09

Ah it's under computers and not mobile internet! Thanks

Old
  (#7)
rockjock (Offline)
Official Member

Default 09-10-2010, 13:51

Quote:

So since Wind.it will be owned by the Russians what do you think the mood will be like when the deal is finalized?

Old
  (#8)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 11-10-2010, 10:15

No idea, I think nothing will change by now, let's see what will happen in a couple of years...

Old
  (#9)
rockjock (Offline)
Official Member

Default 12-10-2010, 10:00

Quote:
No idea, I think nothing will change by now, let's see what will happen in a couple of years...
Couple of years! I love your optimism! Changes have begun in Canada so I know they have started for a while in Italy and Greece.

Lets see if the Vodafone deal comes back to buy them.

Old
  (#10)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 12-10-2010, 11:48

I don't get what you mean. Vimpelcom bough 100% of Weather Investments, that means the 100% of Wind Italy, but they didn't buy Wind Greece at all. Wind Canada is owned at 65% by Orascom Telecom, if I'm not wrong and I think it's not going to become part of Vimpelcom by now, the same for North Korean operator.

Vodafone never had any deal on Wind Italy, that's quite sure.