PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
zatvornik (Offline)

Default cheap and simple quad band phones - 29-03-2010, 16:07

I do not seem to be able to find a cheap and cheerful phone that is also quad band. I have a bi-band Nokia 1110i, but would like the equivalent in quad band. The only things I seem to find are with cameras, bluetooth, internet and a lot of other things I do not need. I just want to make phone calls and send text messages, but I want to do it from everywhere. Any suggestions anyone ?
By the way, it should be available in Europe, preferably in France.

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 29-03-2010, 19:44

Here comes a choice of quadband phones: GSM ohne Vertrag Preisvergleich bei Geizhals.at EU

But why do you need quadband in затвор? Is there a GSM-jammer for GSM900/1800?

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#3)
Liquitronic (Offline)

Default 23-07-2010, 06:18

Depend on how cheap you looking for but i know that it can go up to 50 dollard us

Jonathan Berger
http://www.liquitronic.com

Old
  (#4)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 25-07-2010, 13:50

It's not in France but this phone is unlocked, quad-band and under US$ 50. I'm sorry it may have some features you don't want, like Internet. I don't believe they can be removed.

Old
  (#5)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-07-2010, 16:04

I'm not aware of any absolutely bare quad-band phones. By definition, a bare phone would only have the frequencies necessary where it was normally to be used so the bare phones tend to be dual band.

Still, older phones like the Motorola RAZR V3 are cheap and cheerful as well as easy to use. Ignore the camera and the web browser and you're good to go.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.