PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
jmurch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 03-09-2006, 17:18

Can someone please tell me which of the 3 italian carriers have easy to find engish voice promts?

Regards, Jeff

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-09-2006, 17:30

With Wind you can choose English just dialing 4242 (*124*4242# on roaming) and waiting for the English prompt which asks you if you want to change the language.
I don't know with other operators.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
jmurch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 03-09-2006, 17:40

Thanks very much Effendi. I was hoping to be able to use Wind. I'll be in Rome and Positano. Will I have any difficulty recharging the card with a USA visa or American Express credit card?

Jeff

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-09-2006, 19:32

You shouldn't, but actually we see that sometimes there are some problems... Anyway while in Italy you can refill with normal scratch cards or with ATM with no problems. Outside of Italy you have to rely on Mondowind.it and its problems with foreign credit cards...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#5)
jmurch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 03-09-2006, 19:47

Thanks again Effendi,

From what I could see as the charges if I buy a Wind prepaid card and activate the 'Call your country' option for ? 9.00 I can call the USA for ? 0.20/min.

Is their a specific Wind card to buy or is it just based on the number of minutes that I want to prepay?

Is the ? 9.00 deducted from the card when I initialize this option? Do you know how to turn on this option? Is it something that the english prompts will know?

Regards, Jeff

Old
  (#6)
jmurch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 03-09-2006, 20:00

Are you again selling Wind 10 cards? It seems much easier to buy one from you.

Can you activate the 'call my counrty' option for an extra ? 9.00?

I am leaving the 19th of September so need to receive it by then.

Regards, Jeff

Old
  (#7)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-09-2006, 20:39

The Call Your Country option can be activated for free on new Wind prepaid cards. So you don't even have to pay the 9? fee if you want a new card (in other cases it's deducted from the credit, which must be more than 9?, of course).

The rate is 0.20?/min (per minute billing) plus a set-up fee of 0.15? (so the first minute is 0.35?).

With the Dialoga International prepaid cards (which can be used on Wind mobiles, landline and public phones) you spend ? 0.125/min with no set-up fee, to call the USA (0.20?/min on public phones). So it's even better, but you need to buy one of these cards (5? or 10?).

I honestly don't know if we are still selling Wind cards by now. AndreA does this "job" and he's very busy these days (you can hardly see him on the forum as well), so I fear it's a bit complicated to get one in little time, anyway feel free to contact him and surely he'll do his best. Soon we hope to organize an agreement with a Wind dealer here in Italy in order to make it much easier and less expensive for us (AndreA must physically go to buy the cards 1 by 1, loosing a lot of time). By now it's just a "pleasure" we do to our PrepaidGSM users, but I hope it can become a "little business", not to get much money, but just to make it easier for both us an them to buy Wind cards.

Old
  (#8)
jmurch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 03-09-2006, 21:52

Thank you. It sounds like I can manage to get one when I land in Rome. You've helped very much.

Regards, Jeff

Old
  (#9)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 04-09-2006, 08:34

We've drifted off-topic. How about English voice prompts for Vodafone and TIM?

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#10)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 04-09-2006, 10:07

I don't have any of the 2 main Italian operators, anyway surely you can have prompt in English, but we have to wait for AndreA or other Italians!