PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 12-03-2010, 18:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter View Post
Several years ago I used a International roaming card. It was a Hop card. It went bankrupt and I lost over $100.00 of credit. Lesson learned. Now I use a local sim card. When I saw the .35 cents for a personal access number it reminded me of Hop. I have a 866 number that I can send to any sim card in the world. It is $2.00 a month and .6 cents a minute to call anywhere in Europe. What a huge profit for onesim. I have the number on my business card. So anyone can call me if they need to get a hold of me. All I have to do is go online an redirect the number to the sim I am using. Very simple and efficient. There are many companies that do this, and they have toll free numbers in many countries. I am through with International sims. They are to expensive,and the local sims in the EU are cheap now for roaming.
Do you mean it costs 6 cents/min to forward to a mobile in Europe or landline only?

Old
  (#12)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 12-03-2010, 21:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSimCard View Post
Hi Sophia,

You will likely need to use the GSM 850 band if you are in a rural area. GSM 1900 is primarily for urban areas. Let us know how it works in your Nexus One.

Thanks,
James
Problem solved Today I went to town, and reception was flawless there, thanks also for the technical help from Axel F of the support team trying to sort this problem

Old
  (#13)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 12-03-2010, 22:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
1. How much is a personal access number both US and Canada]? Is there a choice of area codes or are they pretty limited [all in Massachusetts]?

2. I guess I know the answer to this one. From the US one can call the toll free access number or the local access number [and a personal access number] all for the same 35c/min. I know the price/cost difference is tiny [no more than 2 cents perhaps?]. Is there no way to have some price difference show itself? Not worth the effort? I know I would try to save some cents here of there [that is, choose to use a local access number over the toll free one].
Thanks for being here.
1. The cost varies based on how long you subscribe to the personal second number ($1.67-$4.99/mo for local U.S. or toll free U.S./Canada; $4.99-$8.99 for local Canada). There are a number of area codes available in the U.S. and we currently offer three area codes in Canada (Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver).

2. Yes it is 35c/min billed to the received whether you use a common or personal access number. One advantage of the personal access number is that there is no prompt so you can use it for call forwarding from your domestic cell, office, etc.

Old
  (#14)
powerlifter (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 13-03-2010, 15:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
Do you mean it costs 6 cents/min to forward to a mobile in Europe or landline only?
Yes I do. only .6cents for Russia I think it is .13 cents.

[size=1]Prepaid cards, Moldova Tempo, Kyrg Republic BiTel, India Hutch, Bulgaria Mtel, Vodafone, UK. Etisalat. UAE. Afghan Wireless, Afghanistan. Three, UK. T-mobile post-paid.

Phones Gsm Iphone6+

Old
  (#15)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 13-03-2010, 15:14

Can you explain which company you use to forward the Did number for that price?

Old
  (#16)
powerlifter (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 13-03-2010, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingelli View Post
Can you explain which company you use to forward the Did number for that price?
Quote 1. The cost varies based on how long you subscribe to the personal second number ($1.67-$4.99/mo for local U.S. or toll free U.S./Canada; $4.99-$8.99 for local Canada). There are a number of area codes available in the U.S. and we currently offer three area codes in Canada (Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver).

2. Yes it is 35c/min billed to the received whether you use a common or personal access number. One advantage of the personal access number is that there is no prompt so you can use it for call forwarding from your domestic cell, office, et Quote

I use Kall8.com. They forward to any phone you use. There are several others that are out there. I just happened to think this one was the best for my situation.

I understand making a profit, but 5.00-9.00 a month plus 35 cents/min is way to much.
I can use my 866 number for call forwarding from my cell phone as well. I get a load of features with the number. Voice Mail & Fax Mailbox,Call Tracking Tools,Call Blocking,
Custom Call Forwarding,Conference Calling,and Virtual Calling Card. This is what I get for 2.00 a month. It is well worth it to me.

[size=1]Prepaid cards, Moldova Tempo, Kyrg Republic BiTel, India Hutch, Bulgaria Mtel, Vodafone, UK. Etisalat. UAE. Afghan Wireless, Afghanistan. Three, UK. T-mobile post-paid.

Phones Gsm Iphone6+

Old
  (#17)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 13-03-2010, 20:37

Would it work with Google Voice? I know they forward to a 403 (Calgary) number...

Old
  (#18)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 14-03-2010, 00:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter View Post
I use Kall8.com. They forward to any phone you use.
Kall8 do charge more for forwarding to mobile for most countries. For example to a UK mobile it's 38c/min, France is 37c/min, Mexico 46c/min.

Kall8 International Rates

See the note at the top: "Special Services includes, but is not limited to, cellular and audiotext services". So a rate marked "France (Special Services)" is to a French mobile.

(I use localphone, incoming numbers in various countries cheap, voip account, forwarding to Mex mobile for 8.8c/min, UK mobile 12-25c/min, France mobile 11c/min).

Rob

(edit) for Estonia mobile, Kall8 is 52c/min, Localphone is 22-34c/min depending on the number - what is the number range for a OneSimCard card? The big advantage with a VOIP account that forwards when not connected to VOIP (like Localphone does) is that I only pay for forwards when out of range of wi-fi.

Last edited by RTuesday; 14-03-2010 at 01:05..

Old
  (#19)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 14-03-2010, 07:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTuesday View Post
Kall8 do charge more for forwarding to mobile for most countries. For example to a UK mobile it's 38c/min, France is 37c/min, Mexico 46c/min.

Kall8 International Rates

(edit) for Estonia mobile, Kall8 is 52c/min, Localphone is 22-34c/min depending on the number - what is the number range for a OneSimCard card? The big advantage with a VOIP account that forwards when not connected to VOIP (like Localphone does) is that I only pay for forwards when out of range of wi-fi.
I think the prefix they are using is the +372531
Localphone charges 28,8 eurocents/min to that range

Old
  (#20)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 14-03-2010, 10:27

Have you used Localphone to forward successfully to an estonia mobile,
as many voip companies don't forward to Estonian numbers.