PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Mobile Partner and WIN 7 - 28-01-2010, 12:02

Hi,

on my new WIN 7 Laptop the Mobile Partner (11.030.01.13.03, E160) does not detect the device.

I also use a Swisscom E220 but on their website there is only Version 1.0 of the Unlimited Connection Manager available. What's the problem ????

Any updatelinks known?

, 9eor9

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 28-01-2010, 15:24

Frist of all update firmware AND dashboard of your E220 - you'll find download links at the bottom of the following page: Huawei E220 - 3G modem wiki

The problem of Win7 and Vista is, that sometimes it does recognize Huwei devices only as massstorage devices. What you need to do then is, identifying which massstorage device is the Huawei modem and then updating the driver and chosing "generic USB host controller" from the driver library. Afterwards all the other components of the Huawei modem will be recognized and Mobile Partner will detect the modem.

Here are some instructions:
Work-Around: You need another PC/Laptop and a USB Pen/Key Drive to do this:
1) Connect the E220 to your XP PC/Laptop
2) Open the Device Manager (in the Control Panel)
3) Look for the USB Mass Storage Device in the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" Section

If there are more than one USB Mass Storage Devices, right click each one,
select Properties, Details and then "Children"
If it says "Huawei" somewhere inside the Value, you found the right one.

4) Right click on the Mass Storage Device and select "Update Driver Software"
5) Select "Browse my Computer"
6) Select "Let me pick"
7) Uncheck "Show compatible devices"
8 ) Select "(Generic USB Host Controller)" in the Manufacturer Tab
9) Select "USB Composite Device" in the Model Tab
10) Finish installing the Composite Device driver
11) Afterwards, Vista will add another USB Mass Storage Device, and if you are lucky, also 2 "Data Interfaces"
12) If it doesn''t detect the Data Interfaces, disconnect and reconnect your E220.
13) Vista should now detect all the E220s Data Interfaces
14) When asked to insert the disk containing the drivers, choose "I don''t have the disk" - however Windows may also detect those drivers automatically
15) Enter the C:\Program Files\Mobile Partner\Drivers\WinVista folder
16) Repeat Step 14&15 for the second Data Interface
21) Start Mobile Partner and connect

You'll also find German instructions for this at WindowsBlog.at | ONE mit HUAWEI USB Modem unter Vista verwenden.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#3)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-02-2010, 16:56

Thx 4 ur help, now it works !!!!

Old
  (#4)
vanyatka (Offline)

Default 03-03-2010, 23:23

Hi!

Today I've spent the whole day trying to make E160 work with my Win7.
After the default installation of "Internet Everywhere" which was sitting on the USB stick, I got error 619: Connection Error.

I've tried re-installing several times, changed ports, searched the net, all efforts to no avail. Then I came across this link:

Orange Huawei E160 on Windows 7 64bit | B2EVO

and installed Mobile Partner. Then I've run to the same problem as discussed here, but with your kind advice I was able to get past this problem. However, error 619 appears here as well.

I would really appreciate any suggestions how to fight this error. Is there any way I could find more debugging information, e.g. which other device causing port conflict, if any?

ps. Operator Orange, country Spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Frist of all update firmware AND dashboard of your E220 - you'll find download links at the bottom of the following page: Huawei E220 - 3G modem wiki

The problem of Win7 and Vista is, that sometimes it does recognize Huwei devices only as massstorage devices. What you need to do then is, identifying which massstorage device is the Huawei modem and then updating the driver and chosing "generic USB host controller" from the driver library. Afterwards all the other components of the Huawei modem will be recognized and Mobile Partner will detect the modem.

Here are some instructions:
Work-Around: You need another PC/Laptop and a USB Pen/Key Drive to do this:
1) Connect the E220 to your XP PC/Laptop
2) Open the Device Manager (in the Control Panel)
3) Look for the USB Mass Storage Device in the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" Section

If there are more than one USB Mass Storage Devices, right click each one,
select Properties, Details and then "Children"
If it says "Huawei" somewhere inside the Value, you found the right one.

4) Right click on the Mass Storage Device and select "Update Driver Software"
5) Select "Browse my Computer"
6) Select "Let me pick"
7) Uncheck "Show compatible devices"
8 ) Select "(Generic USB Host Controller)" in the Manufacturer Tab
9) Select "USB Composite Device" in the Model Tab
10) Finish installing the Composite Device driver
11) Afterwards, Vista will add another USB Mass Storage Device, and if you are lucky, also 2 "Data Interfaces"
12) If it doesn''t detect the Data Interfaces, disconnect and reconnect your E220.
13) Vista should now detect all the E220s Data Interfaces
14) When asked to insert the disk containing the drivers, choose "I don''t have the disk" - however Windows may also detect those drivers automatically
15) Enter the C:\Program Files\Mobile Partner\Drivers\WinVista folder
16) Repeat Step 14&15 for the second Data Interface
21) Start Mobile Partner and connect

You'll also find German instructions for this at WindowsBlog.at | ONE mit HUAWEI USB Modem unter Vista verwenden.

Old
  (#5)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 09-03-2010, 11:01

Run the latest dashboard update for the E160, which will replace your operator-branded software "Internet Everywhere" by Huawei's original generic dashboard "Mobile Partner", since it is compatible with Win7 64bit. After running the update you just need to install "Mobile Partner" from your modem (which appears as a flashdrive under Windows), create a connection profile as described here and you should be able to connect.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com