PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default Rerouting Betamax DID's - 25-06-2009, 15:40

Is it possible to reroute a Betamax DID from one Betamax brand to another Betamax brand? I have an old DID that is assigned to one of their older classic brands which now has little use to me as their rates are not great, and the free destinations are not either.

I know it is possible to divert incoming calls on my DID to another Betamax user ID (regardless of Brand) for free but then if I then want to do a paid divert from the second brand (such as to a mobile), this is where the system fails to allow me to do this. So I was wondering, would it not be possible to take the DID to my chosen brand?

Perhaps I should also ask on the voipbuster forum....

Old
  (#2)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-06-2009, 16:25

You should be able to forward your DID to the other account's SIP URI.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#3)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-06-2009, 16:26

Based on their practically non existent cc I would not be very certain that they would do this for you...

Old
  (#4)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-06-2009, 16:44

Worse still, I fear they may kill my DID if I ask them about it. (I haven't topped up the account where it is located for over 3 years!) Betamax have long since stopped giving out free DID's, and even the paid ones are in very few countries/area codes.

Old
  (#5)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-06-2009, 16:56

Forwarding incoming calls to another SIP URI does not involve customer service. You can do it from the application itself.

VladS
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow

Old
  (#6)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-06-2009, 17:04

I presume then that is what I have done. On their webpage, I setup a forward for all calls and put in another Betamax username, instead of a phone number. Incoming DID calls then get succesfully forwarded from Betamax brand A to Betamax brand B. If I have a softphone installed for Betamax B, this then succesfully rings. However, the problem arises when I try and forward that same call further from Betamax Brand B to an external telephone number (which is ultimately what I am trying to do).

I could ofcourse forward directly to the telephone number from Brand A, but the rates are not prefferable for me compared to Brand B.

This is probably all sounding very confusing!

Old
  (#7)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-06-2009, 17:20

Did you try to use a free hosted PBX (eg pbxes.com) as the middleman?!

VladS

Old
  (#8)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-06-2009, 17:26

On second thought, pbxes is known to have issues with the 'free' Betamax calls not being free.

BTW, what happens when you forward the Betamax DID to the SIP URI of a forwarded Betamax account?

VladS

Old
  (#9)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-06-2009, 18:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
BTW, what happens when you forward the Betamax DID to the SIP URI of a forwarded Betamax account?
That does not work either. I presume you are saying that at the forwarding dialogue box I should enter the full sip adress which is username@sip.betamaxbrandname.com rather than just the normal username right?

Is this what you mean by SIP URI?

Thanks for the help by the way...

Old
  (#10)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 25-06-2009, 19:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
...username@sip.betamaxbrandname.com rather than just the normal username right?

Is this what you mean by SIP URI?
Yes, that's a SIP URI.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com