PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 28-02-2008, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
I think it could have a HUGE success also in Italy! And there's nothing to be proud of...
You said that after watching the ads? I suppose that there are many more countries where it may be a success .

Such sexist ads for the same target group aren't any new here, but so far they have usually been beer ads (not Żywiec - it's rather an "upper-shelf" product for middle class ).

Old
  (#12)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 28-02-2008, 13:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
They don't necessarily like recharge often - simply they have to choose between recharging and buying cigarettes/beer/non-grape local "wine" . They may also have foreign friends - I mean their pals who emmigrated to "17th voivedoship" and now have +44 or +353 instead of +48 numbers
Heh-heh. Naah, I just meant the international calls aren't all that cheap. (Now there's a market opportunity in Poland, what with a TPSA landline call to the USA or Europe costing 1.49 PLN. TELE2 charges 66 Gr -- still 25 US cents a minute.) And three-month non-extendable recharges aren't exactly competitive...

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#13)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 28-02-2008, 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post
Quote:
They don't necessarily like recharge often - simply they have to choose between recharging and buying cigarettes/beer/non-grape local "wine" . They may also have foreign friends - I mean their pals who emmigrated to "17th voivedoship" and now have +44 or +353 instead of +48 numbers
Heh-heh. Naah, I just meant the international calls aren't all that cheap. (Now there's a market opportunity in Poland, what with a TPSA landline call to the USA or Europe costing 1.49 PLN. TELE2 charges 66 Gr -- still 25 US cents a minute.) And three-month non-extendable recharges aren't exactly competitive...
Yes, but international calls from mobile phones are generally crazy expensive here (especially to landlines or all phones in RPP countries). The weiderst thing is that international rates in Tak-Tak, mBank mobile, iPlus simdata (and until last summer also in Simplus) are still based on pre-2004 monopolist tariffs of Telecom Pologne . The only workaround is in Orange - availability of 708 callthrough numbers (of course, with all the disadvantages: paying for dialling and, what follows, for unaswered/busy calls.

Old
  (#14)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 29-02-2008, 12:50

Quote:
You said that after watching the ads? I suppose that there are many more countries where it may be a success .

Such sexist ads for the same target group aren't any new here, but so far they have usually been beer ads (not Żywiec - it's rather an "upper-shelf" product for middle class ).
Wow, luckily I always drink Żywiec when I'm in Poland!
BTW I'm sure it would have success in many countries...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#15)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 29-02-2008, 13:19

Quote:
Wow, luckily I always drink Żywiec when I'm in Poland!
That's why I mentioned it so that you could be sure you didn't drink "sexist" beer .

Old
  (#16)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 29-02-2008, 13:40

Quote:
That's why I mentioned it so that you could be sure you didn't drink "sexist" beer .
What about Tyskie and Lech? Sometimes I drank them too, but not so often!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#17)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 29-02-2008, 21:40

Quote:
OK, they have the same target group as Żywiec .

Old
  (#18)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 29-02-2008, 21:40

Quote:
:They're very good too. In fact, pretty much all the main Polish beers are very good to excellent. However, I'd suspect the typical MOBILKING user drinks piwo mocne, preferably the store brand from Leader Price or Biedronka.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#19)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 29-02-2008, 21:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post
:They're very good too. In fact, pretty much all the main Polish beers are very good to excellent. However, I'd suspect the typical MOBILKING user drinks piwo mocne, preferably the store brand from Leader Price or Biedronka.
There are many of cheap beer brands for the MOBILKING target, the cheapest ones sold in plastic PET bottles, like mineral water or cola .
OTOH, Żabka (what stands for "Little Frog", BTW http://www.zabka.pl/n:-)) convenience stores where MOBILKING SIMs are sold, aren't cheap at all, nevertheless long opening hours are very attractive to all who are thirsty

Old
  (#20)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 29-02-2008, 23:14

Quote:
There are many of cheap beer brands for the MOBILKING target, the cheapest ones sold in plastic PET bottles, like mineral water or cola .
OTOH, Żabka (what stands for "Little Frog", BTW http://www.zabka.pl/n:-)) convenience stores where MOBILKING SIMs are sold, aren't cheap at all, nevertheless long opening hours are very attractive to all who are thirsty
Funny how that is, I saw on television that the first South Korean brewer to use plastic bottles spent a huge amount of money to fly the bottle-making machinery from Germany in order to have the prestige of being the first company to have beer in plastic bottles, a day or two before the competition. Whereas in Poland, beer in plastic bottles is a sure sign that you're doing it strictly to get drunk.

Having said all the above, I may get myself a starter kit (if it's at Żabka, it's gotta be good), if only for the naked girl on the keychain and the metal cigarette box. However, since I hate smoking (and don't play cards, and don't have one of the larger iPods, and don't have any books in that size, and cassettes are obsolete) I'm trying to think what else I could use it for.