PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Robin (Offline)

Default 03-11-2009, 16:40

That is interesting. Is it not amazing how you find these things out sometimes? Mostly by word of mouth!...and this is a 'communication' company we're talking about:/

Back on topic... apologies for my deviance.... I thought I'd check network coverage again up the hill from our house where we get good Movistar, passable Vodafone. To my surprise Amena appeared in the list of available networks! ...and I got a full (phone) signal further up the hill. They must have extended coverage since I last tried. Of course this is a good phone signal and not necessarily 3G. So to check, I guess I have to find someone with a 3G phone, who can connect to Amena to test 3G signal strength up there. I am cautiously optimistic once again...tho the proof of the pudding...

Old
  (#12)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 03-11-2009, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
So to check, I guess I have to find someone with a 3G phone, who can connect to Amena to test 3G signal strength up there. I am cautiously optimistic once again...tho the proof of the pudding...
But you have a 3G Modem you could check that with! You will not even need to connect to the network to see whether you have Amena(HSPDA) coverage. Just do a network scan!

Alternatively, you could just buy yourself a Simyo card for 5 euros (which includes postage costs) and then try and see if the Amena 3G works! I think that SIM includes 10 euros of credit, so you can't really go wrong, and there is no minimum monthly spend! Simyo do the cheapest internet offer by far in Spain (5 Euros a month for 500MB). It's not the reason why I am telling you to go with Simyo, but if you do decide to go with that, let me know as a referral will earn us each another 5 euros of credit!

Old
  (#13)
Robin (Offline)

Default 13-11-2009, 17:22

Sorry for delay:/ Will indeed check out what you have suggested....thanks
and of course I wont forget about the referral.

Tags
3g slow connection speed, hsdpa problem, yoigo sim