PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 28-04-2006, 04:00

Just a note of cusiosity. I have never been able to call *124*4242# in the US, to recharge my Wind SIM card. Last year Andrea helped me with this problem. Right now I'm in Japan and my card was coming up on 11 months, so I did the recharge with a 10 Euro card I have and it worked perfectly. I'll have to check in the US to see if it works now. I wonder why it wouldn't work in the States?

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 28-04-2006, 08:25

Probably some strange USSD problems with the US carrier you were roaming on... did you try with both T-Mobile and Cingular+AT&T? Sometimes it also changes from zone to zone in the US... we also saw that there are problems in Canada with the *123# (but not with the *124*4242#), maybe there's some service with *124* in the US...

Anyway, in Japan you are roaming on both DoCoMo and Vodafone?

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 28-04-2006, 08:45

Yes. I just used Wind to top-up. I'll also make a brief call to both my Riiing and Mobal SIMs to make sure they keep active. I'm roaming on both carriers with my T-Mobile postpaid. I have my SIM set to prefer Voda because some of their roaming rates are cheaper on my plan, but their coverage is not as good as NTT and the phone spends a lot of time flipping back and forth. Having problems with my A835. Kind of wish I'd bought the V980 I was looking at before the trip.