PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 25-01-2007, 14:34

I used it in France between Christmas and NYE. Outgoing calls and SMS worked fine, with good quality, but I never succeeded in receiving any call, using an Italian number provided by them and, of course, associated to my Yakie sim.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#22)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 25-01-2007, 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
I used it in France between Christmas and NYE. Outgoing calls and SMS worked fine, with good quality, but I never succeeded in receiving any call, using an Italian number provided by them and, of course, associated to my Yakie sim.
With international SIMs it's much more probable to have problems with outgoing calls, not incoming ones, due to callback issues. But Yackie is not just another "normal" international SIM. I hope that at least you weren't charged for attempted unanswered calls

Old
  (#23)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 25-01-2007, 21:29

Uhm, I took a look at my details and there's something wrong and strange...

Do you understand the difference between a "phone call" and an "outgoing call"?

And I don't remember I made a 20" call, while I surely remember the "busy line" calling myself just after...

The "phone call" seems to be to (or from?) my home number, which is actually the only number I called in these days. Probably in the detail they show you the roaming price (outgoing call) plus the rate for calling an Italian landline, but that is just an idea...

And there seems to be no incoming calls, which actually I never received (since if I call my Yackie number I only get tritonal sound...)

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#24)
achu (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 25-01-2007, 22:08

I tried it about a week ago in California (3rd week of Jan). The SIM has no problem registering to both AT&T/Cingular and T-Mobile. I initially tried couple times calling my US virtual number (mine is in Miami, FL). All I got were fast busy tones. I then tried an outgoing call to another US landline using the SIM and that worked correctly (callback to SIM happened pretty much immediately). Strange thing is, after the outgoing call, incoming call started to work (caller hears the usual "connecting" message and the phone rings). The online billing correctly reflected the outgoing call within a day or two. Online billing also did not charge me for both the unsuccessful and unanswered incoming calls.

I also tried sending a SMS to the SIM 2 month ago (also in California), and that worked without any incidents.

Old
  (#25)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 25-01-2007, 22:24

Quote:

No, but ...

It looks like each call consists of concurrent "Outgoing Call" and "Phone Call", the Outgoing Call to France Global presumably being the callback.

For the successful pair, one part starts at 20:20:52; the second part 8 seconds later and 8 seconds shorter, so both end at the same time [20:22:30].

I don't know what the advertised tariff is, but it looks like 1:30 to Italy has cost you 1.47 - is that dollars? And the incoming call looks like 30 second billing units @ 28c.

Whereas a French SIM with other callback might have been about 27c or 30c for a minute and a half ...

Old
  (#26)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 26-01-2007, 08:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
No, but ...

It looks like each call consists of concurrent "Outgoing Call" and "Phone Call", the Outgoing Call to France Global presumably being the callback.

For the successful pair, one part starts at 20:20:52; the second part 8 seconds later and 8 seconds shorter, so both end at the same time [20:22:30].

I don't know what the advertised tariff is, but it looks like 1:30 to Italy has cost you 1.47 - is that dollars? And the incoming call looks like 30 second billing units @ 28c.

Whereas a French SIM with other callback might have been about 27c or 30c for a minute and a half ...
The billing system is totally weird.
We used the card quite a lot in the US (before the tariff changed) and the billing was different for nearly each call.

Latey I made some test calls here in germany and the billing still looks the same.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#27)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-01-2007, 08:26

Yeah, I thought that too, but it really seems to be quite expensive (around .90$/min to call a landline...) with Wind in roaming I spend the same, with direct call, what's the advantage of using Yackie so?

Old
  (#28)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 26-01-2007, 12:27

Quote:

And I don't remember I made a 20" call, while I surely remember the "busy line" calling myself just after...
That is the busy call. They charge them as well....

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#29)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-01-2007, 17:50

Yes. Thay charge for busy calls, even if you call a number that's no longer in service, you still get charged for it. At least that's the way it was about 2-3 months ago when I last used the sim.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#30)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-01-2007, 20:33

Given that they apparently still have system problems(incoming calls, billing, etc.) I think I'll stay away from them for now. Was thinking of getting one of their SIM cards because of the availability of US incoming numbers and US$.49/minute calls from Bermuda or Mexico to the US. Plenty of other alternatives for me to use that are more reliable.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype