PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 31-03-2007, 03:02

What is the validity of the Telcel top-ups?

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#12)
money69 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-04-2007, 05:15

Telcel is very expensive and I dont think unless you know you will specifically be in a place where you need their expanded coverage that its worth it. I have used movistar in multiple places and their coverage was excellent and you cant beat their "por llamada" plan for roughly 30mins for $1 back to the US.

Old
  (#13)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-04-2007, 06:17

A TelCel prepaid sim package I think is valid for 60 days for the airtime, and the sim is deactivated after another 60 days. I assume refills would have the same expiration date. Several dealers are selling TelCel airtime in the US through this agreement: http://www.qcomm.com/4_partnering/do...eet-Telcel.pdf

I agree Movistar would be the better value if you don't need the wider coverage footprint of Telcel, but don't know the Movistar refill arrangements available from outside Mexico.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#14)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 01-04-2007, 14:01

While Movistar is ok in the Cancun area, it is spotty at best in the Mayan Riviera.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#15)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-04-2007, 22:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
While Movistar is ok in the Cancun area, it is spotty at best in the Mayan Riviera.
A year and a half ago, Movistar def. didn't work much south of the Cancun airport or anywhere else on the Yucatan til you got to Merida.
I was roaming on my grandfathered T-M plan and Movistar was/is? a lot cheaper than it would have been on TelCel.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#16)
money69 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-04-2007, 20:28

Just so you guys know I finally got an answer back from Yackie today regarding the significantly higher charges for those Mexico calls. Its because of the RPP they have listed on their site and are carrier specific. I asked them to give me the additional charges for each GSm carrier and I am waiting on a response, I will post it here if/when I get an answer from them.