Ok ... sorry I stop now

Old
  (#32)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-02-2007, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by albino View Post
Gadget Ken ... you look to be a yachty? Hows Um holding up there? Have you had many "invalid code" when adding a top-up into your phone? Was interesting about Antigua, but Digicel is better then C&W all through the Caribbean. (especially if you are using 09) If you go to St Martin, you can still pick up Orange F network on the Dutch side depending on the marina you are in.
No yacht...unfortunately beyond my budget. But when my Antigua to Nevis flight got cancelled I flew to St. Kitts instead and took the ferry boat over to Nevis...so I did actually get to go on a boat. Like beach vacations so usually wind up either in Hawaii or somewhere in the Caribbean. Find good deals on the internet at travel auctions.
Used a Cingular SIM in Puerto Rico, and United Mobile in Antigua, St. Kitts (briefly while waiting for ferry boat), and Nevis. For a couple of refills, I used the United Mobile web refill system on a Sony Mylo wifi gadget..not the top-up system from the phone. Web refill worked fine. They also now have an auto-refill option on their website, but manual refill is fine right now for my needs.
I agree Digicel tends to be more reliable with United Mobile in the non-US Caribbean(although Cable and Wireless did work OK in Nevis). A quirk on some Digicel systems is the handset says Cingular because AT&T/Cingular sold their non-US Caribbean holdings to Digicel.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#33)
albino (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 05-02-2007, 13:49

Well, by the frequency of your travels sounds like u may as well have a yacht!
Thanks for the info, didnt know um did auto top-up, that will save some hassle.

Old
  (#34)
replaytv1 (Offline)

Thumbs up United Mobile Network Busy - 21-02-2007, 12:29

I received UM card yesterday I can receive calls but I got the "network busy" error when placing a call.
Today I call UM customer service and the fix it in less than one minute. they said that problem is very common and my card had a parcial lock on the account.

Old
  (#35)
sjs85 (Offline)

Default 24-04-2007, 20:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan View Post
To my embarrassment, I had a Motorola problem rather than a United Mobile problem. As it turns out, my United Mobile SIM can make outgoing calls using a Motorola Razr but not when using a Motorola v190. People with a similar problem (i.e. always getting a "network busy" signal when making an outgoing call) should try using their United Mobile SIM in a different phone.
I recently got the United Mobile SIM and am having the same issue with my Motorola Razr phone. It will receive calls but when trying to check the balance or any other kind of outbound call it gives the "network busy" and no call back. I've tried different networks at home in Florida and on trips to Amsterdam and Dusseldorf. Has your Razr continued to work for you or does it depend on where you are calling from? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old
  (#36)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 24-04-2007, 20:26

I would advice you to call UM cs to activate outgoing calls.

Old
  (#37)
sjs85 (Offline)

Default 24-04-2007, 23:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
I would advice you to call UM cs to activate outgoing calls.
Thanks. I also just saw previous post on how UM cs can fix the problem. Have not been able to get thru to them yet but will keep trying.

Old
  (#38)
stan (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default United Mobile Customer Support - 25-04-2007, 00:29

United Mobile works on our Motorola v3 and v300. When I try using it on our Motorola v190, I get a "network busy" response and the call dies. I would try United Mobile support but it seems futile since they haven't responded to the phone calls and emails I made last October.

Old
  (#39)
sjs85 (Offline)

Default 27-04-2007, 17:44

United Mobile customer service replied to my email and manually unlocked my account. It works great now.

Old
  (#40)
cholinergic (Offline)

Default 15-06-2007, 02:18

My first post:

I have a Motorola V188 and a UM SIM. I got it today and can't get it to work. I'm in the US trying to try the phone out so I am not stranded without a phone in Europe. I can recieve calls but not make them. I can't even call customer service. I tried changing the network, calling from the office tools menu, dialing direct, using +1, 001, etc but nothing seems to be working. I'm hoping it's just that cs has to activate that part of the SIM card. This is very frustrating.