PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 25-05-2006, 16:20

Uhm, i dont understand it either
I sent a email to their coustomer support (if it arrives - the actual adress that was written on their website does not exist). Lets see if their reply lights up the darkness a bit

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#12)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-05-2006, 06:36

I also sent them an email at the same time i made the first post here. Still no response about 24 hours later. I asked them to explain their confusing statement about how incoming calls are handled.
I first heard of this outfit via post in Howardforums.com Here is what was posted:
(I also sent an email to the "General Manager" who posted this. No response either.)
I can't understand why these "startups" ignore the very people (we early adopters) they need to start a "buzz" about new offerings.
==
[From - http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=3...5&page=15&pp=15 ]

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. But if it is about Global Prepaid SIM cards then I cannot be too wrong...

Yackie Telecom Corp. (www.yackie.com), VOIP provider connecting 135.000 households is launching Yackie Mobile (www.YackieMobile.com).

Yackie Mobile SIM card ensures the lowest pricing for the business traveler anywhere in the world, while maximizing convenience. Pay no more additional roaming charges to your mobile operator.

As an alternative to current cellular operators offering international roaming, Yackie Mobile provides true freedom to mobile roamers with a cost-saving solution on inbound and outbound communications (Local, Long Distance and International) while abroad.

Outgoing minutes priced from USD 0.39 - on calls from abroad
International on net calls - using Yackie Mobile website you can call worldwide from USD 0.39
Easy Recharge - via Yackie Mobile homepage at your individual budget
Global Coverage - in more than 160 countries
Prepaid - no monthly fees, no contracts, no minimum usage requirements
FREE Advanced Voice Mail services
FREE INCOMING SMS while roaming
Conference calls and 3 way calls
Call recording
Best online account management. You can manage your account, view your call logs - incoming, outgoing and SMS
Send an SMS via your customer panel on Yackie Mobile anywhere in the world
No connection fee

For more information please visit our website www.YackieMobile.com .

Florian SEROUSSI
General Manager

About Yackie Telecom Inc.,

Established in 2003, Yackie Telecom Corporation USA provides a complete, feature-rich Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and PC network system that allows small- and medium-sized businesses to make a low-cost, no-risk transition to VoIP - at their own pace and without disruption to existing operations. Yackie offers a powerful combination of traditional and Internet-telephone capabilities that enables customers to improve productivity and to save money. Yackie Mobile is a division of Yackie Telecom Corporation aiming to promote mobile low cost roaming solutions for individuals and corporates. For more information, visit http://www.yackie.com and http://www.yackiemobile.com.

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#13)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 26-05-2006, 12:34

If i have time i'll call one of their many phone numbers and see if the people there will tell us something.

The company structure is quite weird too.

head office in the USA,
R&D in Panama
The Yackie Telco Group is registered on St. Vincent & The Grenadines.

geez.

Chris

Old
  (#14)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 27-05-2006, 03:22

I went ahead and tried calling. Results are as described in the copy of the email I sent them - below:

===

Was referred to your web site. but:

1. Never had a response to an email i sent to you nearly 3 days ago inquiring about your service.
2. Tried calling your 8003602031 number. Got a weird recording saying "my balance is too low" and was immediately disconnected.
3. Tried calling your +442071830360 number and got a recording saying "extension xxx is unavailable and please leave a msg.". No company name was given, so i don't know if that was even your company.
4. Tried calling +19054810174 and the same thing happened.

In cases 3 and 4 above there were 5 to 10 seconds of dead air before hearing the recording. No ringing tone at all.

Thank you.

I forgot to add that calling their fax number did NOT connect to a fax but sounded like it reached the same answering machine as above.

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#15)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 28-05-2006, 21:39

Hello,
today i got a reply from them for a email i sent them some days ago.
I asked about the incoming calls and the virtual numbers as well as on the VAT procedure. Here's the answer:

Quote:
We assign a DID number to the SIM card we supply. You may choose from a US,
UK or French number to be assigned. Those are landline numbers.

Once you roam you just get your incoming calls as any other phone.

VAT is applicable where some operators do apply VAT. Some network operators
are charging VAT if caller uses their facilities. It depends on the networks
you may be using will roaming. But we do not charge VAT on SIM cards and AIR
TIME recharge. You should check with local operator while roaming.
Chris

Old
  (#16)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 28-05-2006, 23:23

I, too, got a reply today - Sunday - a major 3 day holiday weekend in the U.S. He apologized for the delay in answering and said they were overwhelmed by responses when their web site went up.
Can you, or anyone, explain in simple language how this works? It appears you get a landline number which some how is tied to the SIM card.
Some guessing here. "Yackie", it would appear, also runs a VOIP service in the U.S. My guess is the number they assign is in the pool from their VOIP service - which is why they also have UK and French numbers available like other VOIP services. The "VOIP number" is then automatically forwarded to the SIM.
Question - what country/system is the SIM based? It must have its own discrete number.
If this system really works and has working VM available, it will definitely be quite useful. I wouldn't need Kall8 to forward calls when roaming overseas.
[I don't need a prepaid when in lst world countries since i am lucky enough to still be on an old T-Mobile plan where incoming is still about 29 to30?/min. I would still get something like Yackie for outgoing since I still pay about 70? to $1 for calls back to U.S. and quite a bit even for local calls. Guess i should consider a callback service when in first world countries. ] Much of my travel, tho, is to 3rd world places.

...mike

Old
  (#17)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 29-05-2006, 07:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely
My guess is the number they assign is in the pool from their VOIP service - which is why they also have UK and French numbers available like other VOIP services. The "VOIP number" is then automatically forwarded to the SIM.
Question - what country/system is the SIM based? It must have its own discrete number.
Hey, they can forward VOICE calls from landlines wherever they want but how about SMSes? I really doubt if you can send and SMS to a landline number and then it will be forwarded to a mobile network. I don't say it's technically impossible as there are many landline phones (even analog ones, not ISDN or something) nowadays with SMS capabilities so it shouldn't be a problem to forward an SMS to a mobile network instead of terminating it on the "landline". But what will happen on the "sending side" i.e. will any mobile operator transfer such an SMS to a landline (in any of the three countries) without losing it? My conclusion - IMHO this SIM number can't be so discrete if sending SMSes to Yackie is to be functioning in practice not theory only?

BTW, AFAIR Buytel used some kind of forwarding from landlines but it had also an "official" +423 663 number attached to the SIM. What was the way to send an SMS to Buytel SIMs - I guess not a landline .

And, in the end some thought OT about SMS and intermational SIMs.
So far, there are two SIMs for which SMS don't (or almost don't) work, namely Hop and 09. What do they have in common? IMHO their "official" numbers are not from the networks whose roaming agreements they use:
Hop: Monaco Telecom/Areeba Ghana
09: Viking Wireless Iceland(?)/Swisscom(?)
and this may cause SMS problems.

If Yackie is going to follow that way, I "smell" some SMS problems even if they weren't use landline numbers as "official"numbers .

Old
  (#18)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 29-05-2006, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely
Can you, or anyone, explain in simple language how this works? It appears you get a landline number which some how is tied to the SIM card.
Hi,
we have such a system in germany too. The o2 "Genion" cards have a landline-number attached to their SIM-card as well as Vodafone "Home" and t-mobile "@-home".
So this is technically no problem.
You can receive calls on the landline or on the GSM-Number (receiving on the landline-number can be charged if you leave your "home" area - depends on your contract)- SMS are sent to the regular GSM-Number.

Technically you can send SMS to landline numbers too. In germany the network tries if the receiving phone is capable of reading SMS. Most modern phones can do so and also send SMS. If not you get a voicecall and the SMS gets read out by a computer voice.

But i think they will let you receive SMS on the mobile phone number as this would be much more easy to handle.

Chris.

Old
  (#19)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 29-05-2006, 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq
Technically you can send SMS to landline numbers too. In germany the network tries if the receiving phone is capable of reading SMS. Most modern phones can do so and also send SMS. If not you get a voicecall and the SMS gets read out by a computer voice.

But i think they will let you receive SMS on the mobile phone number as this would be much more easy to handle.
Yes, sending SMS to landlines is possible in Poland too, but GSM to landline SMSes cost usually 5-6 times more than regular SMSes, probably because of text2voice conversion and possible multiple attempts of delivery.
But the most important thing is that they cannot be sent abroad! So I think you're right that they must reveal the "secret" GSM number anyway

Old
  (#20)
cizake (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 29-05-2006, 11:33

Hi Everyone,

I am new on the forum and I wish to introduce Yackie Mobile to the board. You have a lot of questions I will try to answer to most of them.

First Yackie Mobile is a division of Yackie Telecom Corp. USA as you may check here https://sos-res.state.de.us/tin/GINameSearch.jsp .

Yackie Telecom Corporation is mostly known for its Voip activity www.yackie.com based in Fort Lauderdale Florida.

Our customer service is located in St Vincent Grenadine.

Now back to www.YackieMobile.com our global roaming SIM card.

You can choose a DID for incoming call US, UK or French. All are landline numbers. The choosen number is assigned to the SIM card. It is not a VOIP number. It is a DID number assigned to the SIM card via SIP proxy (a bit technical- too technical for me ).

You still have a physical mobile number for SMS. We are currently working on a solution for user to use his landline dedicated number as SMS number as well.

Incoming calls are direct to the phone. No operator, nothing. Just like any other regular phone.

For numbers on the website, I will check with our team. But I can assure you that everything will be fixed in the next hours. As for email, they are all received and answered. Sometimes with delays as we have received thousands of questions and we did not want to use non human answers.

Yackie Mobile SIM cards works like other competitors as mentioned by some members of this board. Although we have some differences :

- Choose your incoming number. we did not want to use an expensive to dial Lichtenstein or Estonian number. On the other hand, incoming calls are not FREE
- You can even choose several incoming numbers. Great if you always travel between 2 countries.
- Yackie Mobile SIM card covers 161 countries and more to come soon
- We have the lowest prices on outgoing calls.
- Free incoming SMS - Low price for outgoing SMS
- IVR available in EN/FR and SPANISH soon DE and IT.
- Advance voice mail

I will make the user guide clearer concerning incoming calls. We have received a lot of questions on how we handle incoming calls. The answer is once again :
incoming calls are going straight to the phone. Nothing to do, just answer once it rings. By the way we have a free vocal caller ID option. If the option is activated, once the phone rings you will get a vocal message saying : 'you have a new incoming from 12345678, to answer press 1 or 2 to forward to your voice mail'

It is A FREE OPTION. You choose if you want to use it or not.

I hope you will find there your answers. If you have more to ask, feel free to contact me at f.seroussi (@) yackie (dot) com as I may forget to check my PMs.

Thank you,

Florian