Prepaid Pioneer

Default 04-06-2009, 00:44

Stu:

It works great in Canada.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#82)
JDekit (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 04-06-2009, 01:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupe View Post
Hey gang-

Got my eKit SIM from Telestial today. Trying it out here in the US and seems to work great!

Quick Voicemail question for eKit...Does anyone know if you can access Voicemail remotely? i.e. call your US or UK eKit number from another number and listen to Voicemail remotely?

Thanks!

Kupe

Hi Kupe,

You can't currently access mobile voice mail remotely unfortunately. This is something we have in the development pipeline. It will be provided as part of the ekit travel journal functionality. The travel journal is currently provided free to all ekit SIM users. Essentially the service automatically maps your travels on a google map using cell tower locations used by your SIM. The travel journal has strong privacy settings (private, family & friends, public), and can be switched off. For those wishing to use it, you can provide a password to family and friends, they can see where you are, the local time and weather, if your mobile is on or off, send you a text or call you, you can do text updates to the journal, upload photos, etc and family and freinds can share in your travel experience.

One of the feature we'll integrate into the travel journal is the ability to pick up your voice mail via the travel journal website. You will login with your password, will see a record of your trip, and in addition to seeing comments and messages to the journal from family and friends, you will also be able to play voice mail messages through the PC for free.

If you haven't had an opportunity to review the travel journal, I'd recommend it - there is a demo on the website.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

John

Old
  (#83)
JDekit (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 04-06-2009, 01:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Does it work the same way in Canada? (e.g. straight through dialing?) The amazing thing with Canada is that the eKit is cheaper to receive a call out of your local region than it is with most Canadian plans. Nationwide plans are through the roof. I'm about sold. Are they still giving you any discount for an old United Mobile or 09 sim?
Hi Stu,

The service uses normal calling (straight through dialling) in the USA and in Canada.

John

Old
  (#84)
JDekit (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 04-06-2009, 05:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by makavel View Post
I just purchased a new Passport US SIM and would also love to see and email to SMS gateway for this service!

As for the new SIM, things have been fairly smooth! As was mentioned, the pre-programmed shortcodes don't work on the US side, so one must dial them manually. Also, GPRS only works on the UK side, but this isn't really a big deal! I do love the whole dual IMSI idea though. Keep up the good work!
I'm glad you're happy with the service. An early batch of SIMs had the pre-programmed shortcodes incorrectly stored in the US profile. This has since been rectified, and will work as expected with newer SIMs. Apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks for the feedback.

John

Old
  (#85)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-06-2009, 12:39

I just ordered one this morning and will report back.

Will we be able to set up auto recharge in the near future from a preverified credit card?

Stu

Old
  (#86)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 04-06-2009, 13:33

I have checked again this morning telestial website for ekit US Passport rates and found out that again they have a bunch of countries with free incoming in addition to EU and US, like Brazil Algeria Chile Australia Bahrain. Can JD confirm a firm list of free incoming calls countries?

Passport US SIM Card by Telestial

Old
  (#87)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 04-06-2009, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Will we be able to set up auto recharge in the near future from a preverified credit card?
As far as I can see you can do it right now. The auto-recharge amounts are $30/50/100 and the trigger level is $5/10/20/50.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#88)
kupe (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 04-06-2009, 16:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDekit View Post
I'm glad you're happy with the service. An early batch of SIMs had the pre-programmed shortcodes incorrectly stored in the US profile. This has since been rectified, and will work as expected with newer SIMs. Apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks for the feedback.

John
John-

It sounds like the eKit I just got from Telestial is one of the older ones- i.e. the pre-programmed shortcodes don't work in US mode. Is this something we can manually reprogram, or will we need to workaround by manually dialing?

Thanks!

Kupe

Old
  (#89)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 04-06-2009, 19:14

Kupe:

Set your phone to U.S. mode and just dial 187. You will get a text message soon with the balance. If that works you really don't need the prefix dialing *126* .

On my EKIT SIM, the Easy Dial number contacts on the SIM work in Global mode. I have a contact that says: Account Baance *126*187# .This is how to check your account balance in global mode when you are in Europe. For the U.S. just use, 187, 191, 154, etc.

Old
  (#90)
makavel (Offline)

Default 05-06-2009, 23:33

Does anyone else get strange text messages if they leave their phone on global mode while in the US? The texts consist of some random characters ($, », and @) interspersed between a bunch of big black boxes. It's obviously not a big deal because it doesn't affect the function in any way, but I'm just curious if I'm the only one getting this.

Tags
ekit