PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
strowger (Offline)

Default Data in Ireland - 16-02-2010, 20:39

Hi,

What's the best option for data use in Dublin? Don't care about coverage outside the city, nor about voice and SMS rates.

Cheers.

Old
  (#2)
dohouch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 17-02-2010, 07:07

If ur buying a prepay sim then Meteor have €0.99 a day max, which gives you 50MB, this would be for phone, not for dongle. Vodafone also have something similar, but I think it has to go through their portal. I'm a Meteor customer, but use wifi mostly. If u decide for Meteor, you will have invest some energy in getting the Customer Care Helpline to turn-on full ISP access for you, otherwise you'll end up on their portal. Oh at present O2 are giving out USB dongle for free 3 day trial, but u will need proof of an Irish address I think, utility bill +deposit.

Have a quick look here Irelands Busiest phone forum

Old
  (#3)
dohouch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 26-02-2010, 07:23

Some more info on data in Ireland:
If you want to be PAYG and will be mainly using data I'd recommend Three if the coverage is any good in your area (which it should be).

Three are the only network on PAYG who offer an internet add on (€9.99 for 1GB) while all the other networks are 99cent a day for 50MB, which would see you paying €30 a month if you used it every day.

Three also have 3 Like Home where if you roam in the UK on Three UK's network you get cheaper calls back to Ireland.

Also when you top up by €20 you get 200 free any network minutes and 300 any network anytime texts, and also your 333 webtexts too. See the links below for all the info regarding Three
3 Pay Price Plan
IGb Data add-on