Old
  (#11)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-03-2014, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
What speeds did you get with Tuenti?
It was typically around 6Mbps downstream, around 1-3Mbps upstream. At 300km/h, it was well under 1Mbps, but FaceTime worked well.

Old
  (#12)
1040Berlin (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default New report: Hard to find Tuenti SIMs/Changed conditions for foreigners - 23-03-2014, 00:25

In the region northern from Barcelona we tried to get a Tuenti SIM card. Firstly I collected the store references of our residental town and surrounding places from the Tuenti homepage.

At the first four places (all Movistar stores) they did not offer Tuenti (any more?). In the fifth Movistar store all the three kinds of SIM cards (Mini, Micro, Nano) were available. The shop assistent hat good knowledge of English language. But when it came to registration (prepaid tariff) she first found out that Tuenti did not accecpt the 1 Gigabyte + 75 mins tariff for customers not beeing residents of Spain. Later she told us introducing price of the remaining 1 Gigabyte was EUR 25.

I suppose she did a mistake in typing in the customer data and we were classified as a non EU overseas nationality. Unfortunately I have no proof of this theory because we left the store without Tuenti SIM card.

Old
  (#13)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 03-05-2014, 08:03

Will there a Tuenti store at Madrid airport? Thanks

Old
  (#14)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 05-05-2014, 13:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimdo View Post
Will there a Tuenti store at Madrid airport?
According to http://www.movistar.es/particulares/...or-de-tiendas/ there don't appear to be any Movistar shops inside the airport. Search for Provincia=Madrid and Dirección=Barajas.

Old
  (#15)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 05-05-2014, 16:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFH View Post
According to http://www.movistar.es/particulares/...or-de-tiendas/ there don't appear to be any Movistar shops inside the airport. Search for Provincia=Madrid and Dirección=Barajas.
Thanks a lot.

From the link, there is a shop at Sol. May be I can buy the sim here.

Old
  (#16)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 05-05-2014, 16:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimdo View Post
From the link, there is a shop at Sol. May be I can buy the sim here.
If you're willing to wait until you get as far as Sol (the most central square in Madrid), then you can walk from there to Telefonica's flagship store in Gran Via. Sol metro station has been renamed "Vodafone Sol", along with Vodafone logos everywhere and a large Vodafone shop in the square outside the metro exit.

Old
  (#17)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-05-2014, 01:13

Quote:
If you're willing to wait until you get as far as Sol (the most central square in Madrid), then you can walk from there to Telefonica's flagship store in Gran Via. Sol metro station has been renamed "Vodafone Sol", along with Vodafone logos everywhere and a large Vodafone shop in the square outside the metro exit.
Thanks again. Sol metro stat action has been renamed? The hotel we will be stayed is close to Sol. So, I can walk to a Sol after check in.

Old
  (#18)
gabecnc (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 14-02-2015, 11:26

Hi. i used the TUENTI sim card 2 yeras ago when i went to menorca.
The sim was free back then. But you could only have it shipped to a spain address.
Now i hear the sim is no free anymore. Is it true? Plus, they only ship with spanish credit card.
WHat about this limitation for people not spanish?
Is it true that the option of 1 GB is no more avaibale for foreign people? can somebody help?

Old
  (#19)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 14-02-2015, 11:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabecnc View Post
WHat about this limitation for people not spanish?
Is it true that the option of 1 GB is no more avaibale for foreign people? can somebody help?
You can still buy it in shops in Spain, where you can pay with a non-Spanish credit card. And the 1GB bundle is available to all customers, irrespective of nationality.

Old
  (#20)
gabecnc (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 14-02-2015, 12:30

Quote:
You can still buy it in shops in Spain, where you can pay with a non-Spanish credit card. And the 1GB bundle is available to all customers, irrespective of nationality.
thanx for the quick answer. just wondering, here they say that there is a 25 euros surcharge for foreign people during activation.

http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Spain

S"urcharge for foreigners
Legally they are not allowed to discriminate at least EU citizens. That's how they do it anyway: Beginning 2014 they imposed a 25 € surcharge for registrations with a passport in shops. You can use your passport ID or Spanish ID cards (called DNI and NIE) online and pay with a credit card or cash-on-delivery. You send it to your hotel."

I'm puzzled.