PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
charlosian (Offline)

Default celtrek - 19-04-2007, 17:49

ok, i think ill be getting a celtrek sim for my trip to japan. i was looking at the rates for the us to japan and all that, and there really high, but then i look at uk to japan, or france to japan and the are way cheaper, so i was wondering, would it still be less if i got a french or uk number but lived in the us?

Old
  (#2)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 19-04-2007, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlosian View Post
ok, i think ill be getting a celtrek sim for my trip to japan. i was looking at the rates for the us to japan and all that, and there really high, but then i look at uk to japan, or france to japan and the are way cheaper, so i was wondering, would it still be less if i got a french or uk number but lived in the us?
I think you misunderstood the pricing rules of Celtrek. If you use Celtrek in Japan, you'll pay $0.24/min for incoming calls - no matter from where the call originates and what number (US, UK or French or any other if it were available) you selected.

What you have said is another case - you use Celtrek in the USA and call to Japan. Again, no matter what number (US, UK or French) you selected, you'll pay $1.64/min to Japanese landlines and $1.75/min to Japanese cellphones - in fact no a big deal .

Old
  (#3)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-05-2007, 00:56

The key is that you don't use Celtrek in the US and Celtrek's instructions are pretty clear on that point. The other thing I learned you should not do is to use the * key to end a call and dial a new number. If you do that you will be charged for the Japan leg during the entire time you are dialing. Once you open that link the meter continues to run until you close it.