PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
kevinr (Offline)

Default 24-05-2006, 07:15

I am travelling from US to Europe this summer and have done some initial research in order to be up and running with mobile service.
I have a Quad Band phone (Motorola V188 w/ T-Mobile service) and have already received an unlock code from my carrier. My quandary is this... I will be arriving in France and spending a week there before reaching my real destination of Germany. All signs point to a German SIM Card (T-Mo's Xtra Click&Go and O2 seem like good ones) although I believe the activation process requires me to be in Germany the first time I insert the card and turn on my phone. Can I activate a German SIM Card from France??
My other options would be to get a French based prepaid card, activate it upon arrival and then pay a little more while in Germany. Or, get an international card. Any recommendations?
Also, if I am able to use the Click&Go service, does anybody know a link where I can get one that is in english? The site I've found is in german which doesn't necessarily pose a problem ordering it, but I gather that all the instructions concerning activation, voicemail, etc would also be in german.

Thanks in advance,
-kevin