PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
ronwi (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default A Few Questions on Vodafone Smart Passport from Vodafone.it - 29-10-2013, 22:07

Vodafone Italia now has Vodafone Smart Passport: http://www.vodafone.it/portal/Privat...Smart-Passport

It states that for 3 euro per day you get 25 minutes of incoming and 25 minutes of outgoing calls, as well as unlimited internet.

I'm assuming the 25 minutes of outgoing calls are only to calls made to European destinations, however this is not stated. Anyone know?

I also know that there is really no such thing as unlimited internet, there must be a fair use rule in there somewhere. I see that Europasim which as I understand sells Vodafone.it SIMS states that you get 500MB per day and then you are throttled. Anyone know how much data one really gets on this plan?

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 30-10-2013, 14:55

I confirm that that page is not clear at all and they don't answer to your questions.
For the unlimited internet I think it's not a big problem since you can only surf on your phone (no tethering or wifi hotspot), so you won't use it that much (and VoIP is probably blocked).
About the calls I suppose they are only within EU since this option works only in the EU.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
Amtes (Offline)

Default 05-11-2013, 12:50

What is the valid time for this sim ?

Last edited by Amtes; 05-11-2013 at 13:12..

Old
  (#4)
Guest (Offline)

Lightbulb The SIM-Card is valid for 12 months - 25-11-2013, 12:03

The SIM-Card is valid for 12 months.
Every time you recharge your airtime credit, the validity of your SIM-Card is extended by another 12 months.

Old
  (#5)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-11-2013, 19:28

FWIW, lately I have been able to recharge Vf IT with a foreign credit card. Though the validity period is really 11 months + 1 month grace period.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#6)
UKSTEVE (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Voda IT recharges... - 02-03-2014, 18:01

Just to report that, after a few short trips to Poland and Germany, my Voda IT SIM needed recharging.

I was able to successfully recharge - using Paypal - today - using https://ricarica.vodafone.it/mobile.

I recharged with a test 5e and it came through immediately - then topped up with a further 25e with ease.

+Steve

[size=2]Steve Gold
PO Box 1014, Sheffield S10 5YG, UK

Home mobie: Telefonica O2
Other UK mobiles: 3, Vodafone, Virgin

Foreign SIMs: Toggle (multi); Germany (Fonic); Poland (Orange PL);

Old
  (#7)
Guest (Offline)

Thumbs up 04-03-2014, 18:32

Thanks!
Mobile version works fine.
Normal version does not work in firefox (at me)

Old
  (#8)
flychr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 07-03-2014, 21:15

hi
Quote:
I was able to successfully recharge - using Paypal - today - using https://ricarica.vodafone.it/mobile.
yes I think ok works her also (paypal)

chr

Old
  (#9)
ronwi (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-04-2014, 00:21

Vodafone now has a promotion where the Smart Passport is good within the US until June 15th. So, I assume that means that one can now call to and from the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
I confirm that that page is not clear at all and they don't answer to your questions.
For the unlimited internet I think it's not a big problem since you can only surf on your phone (no tethering or wifi hotspot), so you won't use it that much (and VoIP is probably blocked).
About the calls I suppose they are only within EU since this option works only in the EU.