tarriff info for orange customers to call IOM

Old
  (#122)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 14-02-2006, 02:40

Quote:
tarriff info for orange customers to call IOM
If you want to post Orange tariffs, why not do it from the Orange website, instead of an affiliate referral site?

But most UK customers can probably find the Orange UK website for themselves, or ask on the free CS number.

... or read the previous discussion

Old
  (#123)
0700700 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 14-02-2006, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
If you want to post Orange tariffs, why not do it from the Orange website, instead of an affiliate referral site?

But most UK customers can probably find the Orange UK website for themselves, or ask on the free CS number.

... or read the previous discussion
because the orange website has no mention of how much it costs to call Isle of MAN :bye2:

Old
  (#124)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 14-02-2006, 15:52

Uhm,
i just wanted to show a friend of mine the GT-SIM offer and the website is offline. Did you notice that already as well?

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#125)
powerlifter (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-02-2006, 00:27

Got My GT-sim on friday I tried to set up voicemail the phone says not allowed. Tried to send a SMS it did not send the sms. Called the help desk on Monday they were quite helpfull, but they could call me on the phone. they were to send me an sms and I was to follow the instructions. I never received the SMS. I am using a nokia 6230 I think I will send it to Iunlock and have them flash the phone. I think with new firmware it will help. I am running 5.24 and the new version is 5.50. The riiing card did the same thing. Any one else having any trouble with the sim.

[size=1]Prepaid cards, Moldova Tempo, Kyrg Republic BiTel, India Hutch, Bulgaria Mtel, Vodafone, UK. Etisalat. UAE. Afghan Wireless, Afghanistan. Three, UK. T-mobile post-paid.

Phones Gsm Iphone6+

Old
  (#126)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 19-02-2006, 12:38

I got billed around 30 euros today from "WWW.GT-SIM.COM 8".... I havent used my sim since November 2005. There was something strange with GT-sim billing last year as well : i got billed twice for the startup package. But that time around, I got the money back.

Anyone else having billing problems with GT?

Old
  (#127)
oneworldtech (Offline)

Default 22-02-2006, 08:59

That does look like a great idea, however I found another company that offers free incoming calls while roaming anywhere in Europe. Although it comes with a UK number, I can still use it and receive calls anywhere in Europe for Free, and also receive calls around the world for around $0.15 per minute, which works out to be ?0.08p per minute.

I used to use a product called Mint for years then found other cheaper roaming services like United Mobile. However none really gave me a service I could use to receive calls on, simply because giving out the number was too expensive.

I then came across a product called Callblue Gsm (http://www.callblue.com/); they offer a UK Mobile number which was great as now I could give this out to everyone I needed to call me.

What I found about callblue is:

It is part of a large Canadian firm, which seem to be big in telecoms, the company also offers VOIP products, switching solutions for corporate businesses and now mobile phone service. They say that they are also working towards offering UK landline service shortly.

I also noticed that calls in UK are free even though it is a isle of man product, i.e. people who were on a cross network plan with their uk mobile operators could call me and not get charged.

when using my existing Orange Mobile from the UK while roaming, I noticed my monthly bills were around ?500 per month, now they are a fraction of that. 

From France I paid $0.43 per minute to call the UK which worked out to be around 22p per minute which was something compared to my existing Orange calls of ?1.50 per minute.

I think I will stick to this, as having a uk number really helps out.

Old
  (#128)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 22-02-2006, 09:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneworldtech
That does look like a great idea, however I found another company that offers free incoming calls while roaming anywhere in Europe. Although it comes with a UK number, I can still use it and receive calls anywhere in Europe for Free, and also receive calls around the world for around $0.15 per minute, which works out to be ?0.08p per minute.
By looking at the roaming coverage, I dare to say that Callblue is another incarnation of Callkey sim . Good to know about it. anyway.

Quote:
I used to use a product called Mint for years then found other cheaper roaming services like United Mobile. However none really gave me a service I could use to receive calls on, simply because giving out the number was too expensive.
Could you please tell more about Mint (any website?).

Old
  (#129)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 22-02-2006, 13:56

Quote:
From France I paid $0.43 per minute to call the UK which worked out to be around 22p per minute which was something compared to my existing Orange calls of ?1.50 per minute.
The tariff in their site is 51c, which equals 28p - is that with VAT?

The Orange tariff is 70p, not ?1.50

Old
  (#130)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-02-2006, 04:54

Just an update: Manx Telecom have now added Mexico to their roaming list (on 7 Feb) and I can confirm both GT-Sim and 0044 (callkeyone) can log on Telcel there now.

I've no idea what the rates are, SMS works fine though and is still not charged for on gt-sim.

Sims: Telcel MX, T-Mobile US, Virgin Mobile UK, Orange UK, Knowroaming
Voip: Localphone UK, Anveo US, Google Voice