PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 13-10-2006, 09:20

Does anything about the "Freemove Alliance" between Orange and T-Mobile?

http://www.freemovealliance.com/index.php?lang=en

Old
  (#2)
Triband81 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 17-10-2006, 14:12

Hmm I wonder how long that alliance has existed.....it also includes TIM and TeliaSonera.

Old
  (#3)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 17-10-2006, 18:32

It existed for quite a long time, it's the same as the Starmap Alliance with Wind, O2 and Telenor group. They have some top-up agreements (but I don't know if they actually work) and nothing else from the customers' point of view...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#4)
Gryphone (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-10-2006, 21:03

I haven't written anything in this forum before, but I suppose I can contribute something useful now:

Freemove has existend since 2004 (see Teltarif, in German), when founded it included T-Mobile, Telefonica, Orange and TIM.

Earlier this year Telefonica left the alliance to ease the takeover of O2, had they stayed, three of the four UK GSM networks would have belonged to Freemove (see Teltarif). Personally I suspect, that Telefonica didn't really mind leaving Freemove, after all they were they already had a network (Eurotel, now O2-CZ) belonging to Starmap and are now the single most largest company within Starmap.

Until early 2006 Freemove had a deficit in northern Europe (no network in Scandinavia or the Baltic States), this changed when TeliaSonera was admitted into the alliance in March 2006 (see Cellular News.

In the near future Amena (soon to be rebranded to Orange ES) will join Freemove (see Cellular News).

A main difference between Freemove and Starmap (or VF+Partners) is that in some countries there is more than one network belonging to it, i.e. in the UK and the Netherlands both T-Mobile and Orange operate their seperate networks

Active Prepaid SIMs: United Mobile; (RC) China Mobile; (USA) TúYo; (D) Loop, Callya, Simyo; (A) Klax; (I) Wind; (B) Ay Yildiz
Former Prepaid SIMs: (RC) IF; (D) Free&Easy, Xtra; (A) Yesss; (UK) Pay&Go; (E) Movistar; (IS) Frelsi
Mobiles in use: Sagem my101X, Siemens M50, Nokia 6800, Siemens M65, Motorola E770, Samsung SGH-Z500, Nokia 9500
Previous Mobiles: Nokia 5130, Motorola V3688, Sagem myX-1, Siemens M55, NEC e313, SonyEricsson T200, Motorola V980, Siemens C45, Motorola V600

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 21-10-2006, 12:49

Amena has already been rebranded into Orange ES. The rest is perfectly correct, and welcome to the forum!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim