PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
djbob (Offline)

Default 03-09-2009, 18:24

Okay, so it's looking like SFR isn't the best bet then. My only concern is the cost of the Orange SIM, but I don't suppose there's much I can do to get around that.

I have two more questions:
  1. Are there are any other pay-as-you-go providers in France (besides Orange) that can instantly activate a SIM at a store?
  2. Do they offer comparable data plan pricing?

Old
  (#12)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-09-2009, 18:56

Why don't you buy an Orange mobicarte on eBay and let it ship to your accomodation's address in France?

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#13)
djbob (Offline)

Default 03-09-2009, 19:12

Thanks for the suggestion, inquisitor! I've emailed the hostel to ask if we could work such a deal out. I'll let you guys know once I have a response. Meanwhile, do you happen to know of any other pay-as-you-go providers in France with comparable data plan pricing, or do you think Orange is definitely the best bet?

Old
  (#14)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-09-2009, 19:33

There are two people on the P.W.I.A.-wiki, who report that the Internet Max option is no longer available: I'm afraid it didn't work for me :-/ - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access
Also Orange's website doesn't mention the "Internet Max" in the "bons plans" section anymore. There's only a "Option journée Internet max", which is a day-based flatrate valid from 02:00h until 23:59h.
Have Orange really abolished the monthly Internet max option? And why has the "Option journée Internet max" a gap of 2 hours after midnight? That hole seems to be intended to rip off customers, who erroneously assume there would be a 24h-billing period.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 03-09-2009 at 20:11..

Old
  (#15)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-09-2009, 23:57

Just discovered this page, where Orange still offers the Internet Max option even with a discount of 50% for the first two months of subscription and it can be ordered right online.

Old
  (#16)
maccoy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 04-09-2009, 12:42

SFR sim card costs 30€ if you buy it in a SFR shop.

Prepaid
I: Vodafone, Wind, 3; F: Bouygues Telecom; M: Melita; INT: Travelsim, Zeromobile.

Old
  (#17)
razfaz (Offline)
Official Member

Default "Internet Max" definitively no longer available with Mobicarte. - 05-09-2009, 00:54

>This review seems to say that you can get an Orange Mobicarte with the Internet Max option
>Just discovered this page, where Orange still offers the Internet Max option even with a discount of 50% for the first two months of subscription and it can be ordered right online.

The "internet max" option has definitively been canceled for Prepaid Users. I didn't notice it too a first, but the fine print on the page you gave explains it all. (You have to click on "+" to see it). 50% for non prepaid customers only, all others (Mobicarte) can no longer chose this "Internet max" option at all. However, the "evenings and nights" option for 6€ can still be booked.

Here's the fine print:
(1) Option Internet max Ã* souscrire et valable en France métropolitaine pour tout client mobile Orange (hors ensemble des offres Orange pour iPhone, origami Star, First, Jet, Origami version plus, Fnac mobile, mobicarte et cartes prépayées).

Old
  (#18)
bukzin (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-02-2010, 05:02

Does this option still seem to be available?

Would my iphone 3g need to be unlocked to work with this service?

Thanks!