PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
frostran (Offline)

Default Pre-Paid Vodafone in Spain - 03-02-2011, 20:44

So i have a prepaid vodafone UK simcard and was wondering if i add money to it will it work in spain and in the netherlands...or is it just for the UK, i just wanna be able to have some internet access?

Thanks

Old
  (#2)
MobileMan (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 04-02-2011, 10:23

It will work in Spain and Netherlands, as long as the sim is still active and you have credit. With Vodafone Data Traveller the cost will be £2/day for 25MB/day, or £10/month.
Vodafone Data Traveller should be automatically enabled for Prepaid Vodafone sim, contract users need to call them to opt in. Best to check first in either case.
"To opt in, call us on 40062 from your Vodafone mobile phone. Or if you’re abroad, call us on +44 (0) 3333 040 012 from any phone."

"As a pay as you go customer you’ll automatically benefit from Vodafone Data Traveller and pay just £2 a day for each day you use it."

Using the internet abroad - it's easy on Vodafone

Old
  (#3)
foosion (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-02-2011, 00:43

Is the £10/month available for prepaid? This site says it's only available for those on a price plan Get Free Roaming Data On Vodafone!

£2/day for 25MB/day is a much better deal than tmobile uk, which wants £5 for 20mb (lasts a week) or £10 for 50mb (lasts a month), unless you'd only use a very small amount of data.

Old
  (#4)
MobileMan (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-02-2011, 22:30

I have just called the 40062 number from a Prepaid Vodafone Sim, it did not mention the £10/month Vodafone Data Traveller option, just said the £2/day option was already activated. Calling the same number from my contract Vodafone Sim I do get the option of the £10/month add-on, so unfortunately looks like it must be only contract customers that benefit from it.
The £2/day for 25MB/day on Prepaid is still a good option.

Old
  (#5)
foosion (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 01-03-2011, 02:51

Someone on ebay is selling a data only (no voice or text) vodafone uk sim that includes a £15 credit for £6.5. The seller says it can be used for the £2/day data traveler option.