PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
nowires (Offline)

Default TIM Data Options for Android - 21-06-2011, 14:43

First off, thanks to all those that contribute to this site - amazingly helpful information.

I'm trying to clarify my data options while in Italy, any help would be appreciated. I have my TIM 12 SIM card ready to go for the trip to Italy next week. I'm wondering about my options for adding data to my Android phone. The TIMxSmartphone plan seems to be the one to get for basic Android use - nav, google, email etc. The phone does have the wi-fi hot spot feature which would allow me to use my laptop through the phone. I'm thinking in that case the Internet Senza Limiti would be a better choice. Does anyone know if there are any limitations on the ISL option being used for a smartphone? Any restrictions on using the phone as a hotspot? Recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 21-06-2011, 21:39

Go with the Internet Senza Limiti if you want to use tethering. The TIMxSMARTPHONE is wap-only.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
nowires (Offline)

Default 22-06-2011, 14:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
Go with the Internet Senza Limiti if you want to use tethering. The TIMxSMARTPHONE is wap-only.
Perfect, thank you very much.