PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#461)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 18-08-2014, 11:09

o2 Germany now seems to have an offer for o2 Blue Select tariff which includes each month 500 MB in Germany and 500 MB in the EU/EEU, but also valid in Switzerland, Andorra, Gibraltar, Monaco, San Marino, Vatikan, Guernsey, Isle of Man and Jersey. 19,99 EUR monthly with 24 months contract.

Of course not suitable for those living outside of Germany. However in my opinion it shows that the market is moving fast and also the operators in the other countries will follow with new offers.

Old
  (#462)
UKSTEVE (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 18-08-2014, 11:45

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here

Basically I've been using the EuropaSIM at 3 euro a day for 500 MB of data when I've been travelling outside of the UK and in Europe.

I have a dual SIM handset (Cubot x6) with my regular contract O2-UK SIM in it, and a Toggle Mobile SIM for cheap voice calls when I travel.

I then use the EuropaSIM in a Mifi (Alcatel Y800).

If I could pay £20.00 for a 1GB of multi-country data on my Toggle SIM, I'd jump at the chance, as it would mean I wouldn't have to take my MiFi with me.

As Bourbonkiller mentions, it really comes down to convenience. Obviously, if you're travelling to a European country without Toggle discount call/data facilities, then other choices become necessary.

I think the really interesting feature with Toggle is the US voice and data option, which can be a low-cost and convenient option for globe trotters.

+Steve

[size=2]Steve Gold
PO Box 1014, Sheffield S10 5YG, UK

Home mobie: Telefonica O2
Other UK mobiles: 3, Vodafone, Virgin

Foreign SIMs: Toggle (multi); Germany (Fonic); Poland (Orange PL);

Old
  (#463)
ChrisNeedsToKnow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-08-2014, 17:43

Toggle´s website advertises incoming calls in Belgium (non-Toggle-country) @4c/minute.

Their info-sms praises incoming calls as "free".

I received some calls in Belgium today, and they show up as free in the call details.

Does anyone know the "real" tariffs charged in Serbia/Romania/Bulgaria?

Thanks and rgds,
Christian

Old
  (#464)
Donal (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 21-08-2014, 05:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Having ordered AldiTalk's EU Internet Paket 150 four times during the last week while I was staying in Austria and Hungary, I can report from my own experience that the text message informing you of your allowance being used up arrives within seconds. After that it took 5-15 minutes before I could re-order the next pack. Although I left mobile data activated during these gaps, the costs amounted to a few cents each time (billed at € 0.23/MB). That's indeed inconvenient but automatically recurring subscribtion may become available soon.
In comparison with toggle I would have been billed some € 125 for 150MB in Austria or Hungary.
Other people may not be as fortunate as you when they try to rebook their AldiTalk "EU data paket" option.

Teltarif report that there was a delay of two-and-a-half hours before they could renew their "EU data paket".

http://mobil.teltarif.de/aldi-talk-r...74.html?page=3

Old
  (#465)
ChrisNeedsToKnow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-09-2014, 20:56

Some feedback on tariffs:

Bulgaria/Romania: Incoming advertised on website at 4p/min, however SMS sais it´s free. Effectively it was free.

Serbia: Crazy prices (incoming 213p/min), didn´t even try. At least the SMS said the same as the website.

Lebanon: 96p/min advertised for incoming, however the SIM doesn´t register in any of the two available networks.

So far the SMS always said what is also effectively charged - it just differs from the website.

Tomorrow I´ll check Cyprus

Old
  (#466)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default review of the 1GB data service - 07-09-2014, 21:12

I've just returned from a multi country trip to Switzerland, Spain and Germany and have tested the new data package from togglemobile UK.

I must say, it's been a fantastic experience with no lags, no coverage holes and no service interruption (like I get sometimes on my old orange AT/3AT contract).

Coverage on holiday vacation in Mallorca was great, roaming on MOVISTAR gave me mostly H / H+ and rarely only 3G. I noticed the before mentioned lag of about 4 seconds on calls, not shure if it's been only on incoming calls that have been routed to the german mobile number through localphone (subscription).

In Switzerland, coverage is exceptional with Swisscom, specially along the rail tracks and even smaller villages. Surfed the web during my train ride from lake constance to Basel airport with no outages. Even tethering to my windows tablet worked well! There is no lag on the Swisscom network for phonecalls!

This weekend I've been to Berlin and Köpenick, roaming on the vodafone network. Data worked like a charm (H+), also NO lags when calling back home to Austria or Liechtenstein.

One big plus for me is the "native local" nature of Togglemobile Sim. I haven't experienced any blocks on ports. The most annoying thing for me on my austrian orange/3 contract is, that "whatsapp" for some reason don't work with several roaming providers (specially when going into Germany). It stops working when roaming and gets back "on" when getting into the home network.

With togglemobile I had not problems neither with "whatsapp" nor with the Blackberry Messenger in all countries I've visited.

Thumbs up for this offer, it works great! Since my Samsung ATIV S doesn't support LTE, I couldn't test availability of LTE services in these networks. Maybe someone else can test this?

BK

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Old
  (#467)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-09-2014, 21:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller View Post
Since my Samsung ATIV S doesn't support LTE, I couldn't test availability of LTE services in these networks. Maybe someone else can test this?
I haven't heard of any European full MVNO to offer LTE and I doubt they will do so before VoLTE has been deployed because it involves significant capex while such LTE implementation will require substantial modifications once MNOs launch VoLTE instead of CSFB. Not to mention that MNOs are still trying to sell LTE at a premium so they will hardly admit cannibals like Lycamobile to their LTE networks at this time.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#468)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 07-09-2014, 23:13

Lyca offers LTE at least in the UK, US and CH. They could support 4G with Toggle in these countries.

As inquisitor mentions, most MNOs are trying hard to keep MVNOs out of 4G, so adding 4G in other countries is not easy for Lyca/Toggle.

Old
  (#469)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 07-09-2014, 23:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
I haven't heard of any European full MVNO to offer LTE
Have you ever heard of Virgin Mobile France?

Old
  (#470)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-09-2014, 23:45

It seems like I've missed out something here. Nevertheless I think even if Lyca has access to some LTE networks, for toggle LTE implementation will be quite complex given the many different underlying MNOs and the network equipment from multiple vendors involved.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Tags
netherlands, toggle