PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
terra (Offline)

Default 01-06-2006, 20:58

Hi, I am looking for a dual sim holder, where i can switch between two sim's without turning my phone off and then on, and without the cutting of the sim card. My phone is Motorola RAZR V3.

Thank you. :help:

Old
  (#2)
TheMadBrewer (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-06-2006, 21:23

I wish you luck -- space is so tight in a RAZR. All the ones I've seen for the RAZR involve cutting the SIM.

You might look at getting an inexpensive (and larger phone) that:

will hold dual SIMs without cutting;

that you are sure is 900/1800 and

you don't mind if gets lost or broken or stolen

Whole bunch of SIMs, mostly dead, some still working...

Old
  (#3)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-06-2006, 22:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra
Hi, I am looking for a dual sim holder, where i can switch between two sim's without turning my phone off and then on, and without the cutting of the sim card. My phone is Motorola RAZR V3.

Thank you. :help:
Please educate me. How does a "dual sim holder" work? Where to you get one? Are they specifically designed to work for just one particular model phone?
What I wind up doing now is:
Carry my T-Mobile phone. Sometimes have my Cingular phone in my pocket, altho normally just left in suitcase. Have a separate phone for a prepaid - or for an international SIM. I use the same model phone (SE r520m) for both my everyday T-M phone and the prepaid/intl. SIM.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#4)
TheMadBrewer (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-06-2006, 23:15

There are a couple of styles -- some slip in around the battery and some have a new battery cover that holds the SIMs. Do a search on ebay for "dual sim" and you'll see a bunch. They are tailored somewhat to the phone, but some of the ones for Nokia work for a range of models.

What you do is put the SIM sized adapter in the SIM holder. The adapter connects to a little circuit card that has two SIM holders on it. You put your two SIMs in there.

My first one for my Nokia 3100 was designed to sit on top of the battery. But the case was so tight I had to duct tape it to keep it closed. So I bought one that is a replacement battery cover (it sticks out a little more) with two SIM holders built in.

The batter cover has a switch. To switch SIMs you power off, slide the switch and power back on. The others you power off and the power back on right away and that switches SIMs. Supposedly there is a code you can enter on the keypad to "reboot" the phone (and switch SIMs) but I never got that to work.

Of course, only one SIM is active at a time. I usually have a national SIM and my Riiing SIM installed. I usually leave it on the national SIM unless I am going to make an international call.

It saves some switching of SIMs around (and I always worry about losing the SIM when its not in the phone).

Whole bunch of SIMs, mostly dead, some still working...