PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
ronwi (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-10-2006, 01:19

I'm looking at these 3 cards because of their IOM incoming numbers (which at least for the time being seems cheaper to call than Estonia, Lichtenstein, etc.) Does anyone have any experience with any of these cards (call quality, reliability, etc.?) Any of the cards better than any of the other ones for any reason?

Thanks.

Edit: The title should have said Globalsim rather than Travelsim.

Old
  (#2)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 01-10-2006, 15:18

I have a CallBlue card and from a stability point of view it's as good as any other IoM card.

Here are some of the issues I have with them:

1. Inexistent telephone support and slow helpdesk/email support.

2. A $25 annual maintenance fee listed in the T&C's. According to their support team it will likely be eliminated by the end of the year.

3. No advance notice on rate changes.

Personally I like the eKit SIMs the best. They may not be the cheapest of the IoM cards, but their support is second to none.

Hope this helps.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#3)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 01-10-2006, 16:59

Similar issues seem to apply to CallKey rebrands.

Tariffs have recently gone up on most of these. On mine (supplied from an early batch from 0044) this was unannounced and is now the same as Simazing tariffs despite a promise in April that it would stay lower, and I'm waiting for a response to a query about this.

It also isn't clear what renewal fee will be due. CallKey and 0044 refer queries back to the other (and 0044 is now selling CallBlue)

In terms of connectability and call quality, I doubt if there is any reason for any difference between all of them.

When you say Globalsim, note that there are two operations trading with this name; the rather longer established one in Germany was previously a UM reseller, and the recent UK one claims to have helped CallKey develop the roaming agreements for the last two years, but appeared many months later than other brands.

Old
  (#4)
ronwi (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-10-2006, 03:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS
I have a CallBlue card and from a stability point of view it's as good as any other IoM card.

Here are some of the issues I have with them:

1. Inexistent telephone support and slow helpdesk/email support.

2. A $25 annual maintenance fee listed in the T&C's. According to their support team it will likely be eliminated by the end of the year.

3. No advance notice on rate changes.

Personally I like the eKit SIMs the best. They may not be the cheapest of the IoM cards, but their support is second to none.

Hope this helps.
It's not clear to me which of the cards listed at http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/international.html are the "ekit SIM." I also don't know if any of the cards listed on that page are the Callkey rebrands referred to in the next post.

Help.

Thanks.

Old
  (#5)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 02-10-2006, 07:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwi
It's not clear to me which of the cards listed at http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/international.html are the "ekit SIM."
None of them. For some reasons, our host, Effendi doesn't want to put info about all the Manx-based sims. According to my "private investigation" made about a month ago, there are about 20 Manx sim brands available on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwi
I also don't know if any of the cards listed on that page are the Callkey rebrands referred to in the next post.
AFAIK Geosim and Globalsim.

Old
  (#6)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 02-10-2006, 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
None of them. For some reasons, our host, Effendi doesn't want to put info about all the Manx-based sims.
The reason is quite simple: 4 days ago I finally graduated at University, that's why in the last period I did so little updates and I was so little present of the forum!
Anyway, listing ALL Kallkey rebrands seems to be quite complicated and probably not so useful too... if someone of you could help me doing a complete and updated list to put on that page you'd be very helpful. I think Przemolog and Andy are probably much more informed than me, so when you have time it would be great if you can help me a bit.
Anyway now I'm leaving for 1 week of holidays in Eastern Europe, so we'll talk about it when I come back!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#7)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 02-10-2006, 11:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
The reason is quite simple: 4 days ago I finally graduated at University, that's why in the last period I did so little updates and I was so little present of the forum!
Congratulations!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
Anyway, listing ALL Kallkey rebrands seems to be quite complicated and probably not so useful too... if someone of you could help me doing a complete and updated list to put on that page you'd be very helpful. I think Przemolog and Andy are probably much more informed than me, so when you have time it would be great if you can help me a bit.
I agree there's a lot of work to do. However, I don't feel very competent about practical aspect of usings Manx SIMs. I don't have any and I'm not going to buy in the nearest future.

Old
  (#8)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-10-2006, 00:12

If someone provides names/URLs of these "rebrands", I'll do some of the grunt work to make a chart as to offers etc.
I am not volunteering to buy 20 SIM cards

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#9)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 03-10-2006, 21:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely
If someone provides names/URLs of these "rebrands", I'll do some of the grunt work to make a chart as to offers etc.
I am not volunteering to buy 20 SIM cards
I think I'll be able to create the list around the next weekend...

Old
  (#10)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 04-10-2006, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
I agree there's a lot of work to do. However, I don't feel very competent about practical aspect of usings Manx SIMs. I don't have any and I'm not going to buy in the nearest future.
Well, just received 2 GlobalSim simcards. And I just have a CallBlue one. If you want I can help you in this way... :P Anyway, I'll have more free time from next week (I lost the work..) and I'll try to help you for a new complete list of international sims. Is it a good idea?

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG