Old
  (#11)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 09-01-2006, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidindc
Thanks for the information. I am purchasing a prepaid TIM SIM card in the US before I go to Italy, so I assume I will need to go into a TIM shop in order to add the GPRS plan to the account, and they will allow a short-term visitor like me to do this, yes?
No problem, as Andrea said, you don't need to go to a TIM shop, maybe you just need to understand Italian, or ask an Italian friend for help. And of course you need credit on the simcard.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#12)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 09-01-2006, 12:05

Via 4916 you can change the italian language with the english (or german) one

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#13)
davidindc (Offline)

Default 09-01-2006, 16:57

Thanks everyone!

Old
  (#14)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 09-01-2006, 19:59

Only one thing David: consider buying a Wind prepaid card instead of TIM, you could have some important advantages:
- ? 20.00 per month instead of ? 25.00
- 1GB of data to use 24h a day and not only after 5pm
- less people use Wind, expecially at the Olympic games, TIM's net could be overloaded, and data will probably be really slow (it's already slow now, far from Turin!); Wind GPRS performance is usually better than TIM (but TIM has EDGE) in normal conditions. And in Turin those days there won't be normal conditions.
Wind has good coverage in Turin and also on the mountains where the games will be, as well as TIM and Vodafone.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim