PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 16-09-2008, 21:09

The eKit GPRS implementation doesn't use the Manx APN. You can try the following gateway compliments of the folks at Wap-Gateway (http://www.wap-gateway.com)

IP: 209.160.68.93
Port: 9200

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#12)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-09-2008, 21:20

try it with these settings:

APN: mobiledata
username: blank
password: blank
port: 9200
connection type: ? (try all variants)
authentication type: ? (try all variants)

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#13)
adam917 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Unhappy 23-09-2008, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
try it with these settings:

APN: mobiledata
username: blank
password: blank
port: 9200
connection type: ? (try all variants)
authentication type: ? (try all variants)
Still doesn't work. I have other devices which require such settings when using anything but the branded phone's SIM, so it's not just this watch phone that requires these. Finding such settings on-line can be a real chore even for well-known operators probably because most modern devices can get the settings automatically over the air.

Old
  (#14)
adam917 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Question 25-09-2008, 23:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
The eKit GPRS implementation doesn't use the Manx APN. You can try the following gateway compliments of the folks at Wap-Gateway (http://www.wap-gateway.com)

Port: 9200
Well what settings is it that my E61 acquired when it inserted my SIM? The profiles show up as Manx Pronto/Pronto MMS/etc similar names & do seem to work on the E61 (yet won't work on my other devices).

Old
  (#15)
DL9HCI (Offline)

Default 28-10-2009, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam917 View Post
You're going to laugh when you hear this, but it's a watch phone. It's model # is M600. It's a generic Chinese device that does indeed have GPRS (works best with WAP sites) & I have used it with the GPRS I pick up just fine from AT&T & T-Mobile, however I need lots of manual settings (like what I shown above) entered unlike most modern devices. This watch phone also supports the (very old) GSM Data service, which is a dial-up data service.

I consider this watch phone to be a good device for emergency use, and with data rates on these int'l SIM cards as high as they are (I notice they are often as high as or even higher than roaming!!!), I do not plan to use data very much on this SIM card, but I believe it's nice to have it 'just in case'.
Dear adam917,
I just received a Chinese watch phone (W96,[the computer just turned the digit eight into a smiley face - the phone's name is W nine six eight], and I love everything about it. I just cannot get the WAP and MMS to work. I have tried to enter the information I found on other websites about homepage, username, password etc. - still no success. Here is what I do: I click on "Menu" - "Coonections" - "WAP", then I get several offers. Whenever I try to get to any homepage, I get an error message "Invalid..."
Could you please tell me how you got your watch phone to work with WAP and how to send MMS? I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you!
Jens (DL9HCI)