Old
  (#1)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default New EE PAYG packs - 03-09-2014, 17:33

Starting from 1£/week (for 100MB... )

1£/7d - 100MB/week
1£/7d - 25min, 50 texts

10£/30d - 250min, unlimited texts, 10MB on 4G ()
15£/30d - 750min, unlimited texts, 10MB on 4G

10£/30d - 150min, unlimited texts, 500MB on 4G
15£/30d - 500min, unlimited texts, 2GB on "double speed 4G"
25£/30d - 1000min, unlimited texts, 4GB on "double speed 4G"

More details here:
http://shop.ee.co.uk/price-plans/pay...go/about-packs

Last edited by tux; 03-09-2014 at 17:42..

Old
  (#2)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-09-2014, 22:28

Can anyone from the UK please tell whether the old PAYG plans of Orange and T-Mobile are still available?
I know the brands are phased out, but they were still sold in the shops.

Is it true, that EE has only so-called smart packs on offer with included voice and text for prepaid? All data-only addons i can find anymore are no data-only or on contract.

Is this really a good idea for the market leader in Britain or don't they sell tablets and dongles over there???

Old
  (#3)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 30-04-2015, 21:31

Picked up a free nano SIM for my iPad this afternoon in Chelsea. I verified that I would get LTE with the 15 quid 2 GB bundle, with tethering. Clerk also removed the content block.

He logged onto the EE site for me to activate the pack and saved the status page as an applet for me to check data usage.

So I did a speed test, got 30/16 in Chelsea on Kings Road. But I couldn't tether right away and the Personal Hotspot option wouldn't appear on the iPad System settings.

I wondered if this meant it lacked an iOS profile and maybe the clerk didn't know it might not work on iOS. But he seemed familiar enough with my iPad.

Tried toggling Cellular Data in Settings and Personal Hotspot worked. However, my tethered iPhone is getting only 5/10 consistently.

Never had an issue of limited throughput tethering previously on these same devices. It should be fast enough for my purposes but it's odd and something people may watch out for, should they go with EE.

They also gave me a card on which I can load up top ups for EE, Orange and T Mobile.

Old
  (#4)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-05-2015, 09:32

In May 2015's Which magazine (the UK's equivalent of the US's Consumer Reports), EE is ranked bottom of PAYG providers. On page 24, Which says "EE may have just been beaten by Vodafone in the race to be the UK's worst contract provider, but its customer score for PAYG is the worst we've seen since 2008". It goes on to say "And the 50p fee that allows people to jump the call centre queue seems to have come straight out of the Ryanair playbook". The verdict is "If you're with EE, we'd recommend switching providers".

Old
  (#5)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-05-2015, 09:52

Well back a couple of years ago, I think I paid 10 pounds for 1 GB from T mobile so 15 pounds for 2 GB of LTE seems a better deal.

Old
  (#6)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 01-05-2015, 11:29

Unfortunately Which? articles aren't available to non-subscribers. Could you summarize what it says?

BTW, Giffgaff has a goodybag including 5 GB (and unlimited texts and 1000 min) for 15 pounds.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#7)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-05-2015, 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post
Unfortunately Which? articles aren't available to non-subscribers. Could you summarize what it says?

BTW, Giffgaff has a goodybag including 5 GB (and unlimited texts and 1000 min) for 15 pounds.
Is that LTE?

You still have to get the SIM sent to you?

Old
  (#8)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-05-2015, 13:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post

See the parts of my post in Italics above. Those are Which's most notable comments about EE.

I forgot to mention that Giffgaff came top in the Which report with a score of 75% for PAYG vs EE's bottom score of 40% for PAYG. Giffgaff also came top for contract at 82%, as Which class Giffgaff's goodybags as akin to a contract.

Old
  (#9)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-05-2015, 22:35

Hmm EE's site indicates that I've used over 1.1 GB in a day. Only way that's possible is if it's using mobile data during the evening, night and morning while I'm connected to the Wifi network in the place I'm staying.

I've never seen this kind of 'leaky' mobile data when connected to a Wifi network.

Has anyone else? Either EE is being sneaky or there's some issue with iOS 8.3.

I turned off Cellular Data in Settings and that seems to have stopped the leakage while on Wifi.