PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
merewethergirl (Offline)

Arrow Blackberry in Italy and Croatia - 15-05-2011, 00:33

Hi Effendi,

I thought I send a private message but do not see a record. I have an unlocked blackberry 8520 and require phone and data for the month of july to use in Italy and Croatia. I have obtained a codice fiscale number as suggested.

Will I be able to purchase a sim card for blackberry service in Venice upon arrival for just one month of service? Will the service work in both Italy and Croatia? Is there a better way for me to maintain/access service? I would like to be able to make and receive calls, emails, and use Blackberry Messenger. Cheers and thanks in advance.

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 16-05-2011, 10:47

Hi, you wrote me yesterday, which was a Sunday, I'm not always online.

You can use the Blackberry service for how long as you want. Of course if you buy an Italian card it will work in Italy. In Croatia it will work too but with international roaming costs, which are rather expensive since Croatia is out of EU. I suggest you to buy a Croatian card too.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
merewethergirl (Offline)

Default 21-05-2011, 11:13

G'day and thanks Effendi - I certainly don't expect you to be available all the time So you are saying that I do not have to sign a contract? Forgive me, but in Canada and Australia you have to sign a contact for at least 12 months usually, so I just want to be sure I understand correctly and plan accordingly as I only need the service for the month of July while I am travelling.

I've decided to go to Prague and Vienna as well, so I suppose I will need to get SIM cards there too.

cheers,
lal

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 22-05-2011, 11:53

If you buy a prepaid you do not sign any contract, that's the same in any part of the world.
Postpaid = contract. Here we talk about prepaid.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#5)
adhypradnyana (Offline)

Default 08-06-2011, 11:16

Hi,
I am Adhy, i have a plan to visit Italy (milan) for 2 weeks in the middle of July. I want to activate my Blackberry service for emails, social media (facebook, twitter, foursquare), BBM, and also browsing.

I have read wind website, they said that they cost 10 euro per month for the full BIS. It means, i will pay 10 euro (for the prepagata card) and refill it with 5 euro to activate my BIS (since it was already 5 euro credits). Is it corect? Or, do i need more refill to activate full BIS on my BB?

thx

Old
  (#6)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 13-06-2011, 17:29

You have to refill with more than 5 euros since if you are with 0 credit you cannot use the BB option. So refill with 10 and you will be left with 5 euros of credit which you can use for calls or messaging.

Old
  (#7)
robertegomes (Offline)

Default Sim card issues - 02-08-2011, 22:06

Hi,
I am currently travelling through Bosnia and going down to Croatia for a couple of weeks.

I have a new BB Bold and a new pearl. I will be getting new sim cards. Just for the record, they expire after 10 months, I usually return every year, but always have to purchase a new card.

Also the comment regarding Canada, I am from Toronto Canada, and there is no contract required. If you have an unlocked phone, you just have to get a plan, you are not required to sign a 12 month. By the way, in Toronto Virgin mobile has a great deal, NEW Blackberry pearl is on sale for $99 plus you can pay an extra $30 to unlock it and there you go, a great phone, Great Canadian company.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merewethergirl View Post
G'day and thanks Effendi - I certainly don't expect you to be available all the time So you are saying that I do not have to sign a contract? Forgive me, but in Canada and Australia you have to sign a contact for at least 12 months usually, so I just want to be sure I understand correctly and plan accordingly as I only need the service for the month of July while I am travelling.

I've decided to go to Prague and Vienna as well, so I suppose I will need to get SIM cards there too.

cheers,
lal