PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
leonardjack (Offline)

Question Italy Prepaid Sim -- Questions - 26-08-2007, 13:59

Good day!

I've reviewed the sticky threads and the Italy Prepaid SIM threads and still have some questions. I have a SAGEM my202x that my daughter got in Spain this summer so just need a sim card. I want to have my Italian cellphone number before I depart as have to leave it with family and work and don't want to make a bunch of calls to pass on the number were I to get a card once in-country.

1. I have noted at www.saveroaming.net that you need to provide a copy of your passport and an Italian Codice Fiscale to purchase a sim card. Is that the case for prepaid cards as well?

2. The consistent recommendation I see for prepaid sim cards is Telestial. Is that the general consensus, that Telestial is the best provider of pre-paid sim cards for Italy?

Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 27-08-2007, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardjack View Post
1. I have noted at www.saveroaming.net that you need to provide a copy of your passport and an Italian Codice Fiscale to purchase a sim card. Is that the case for prepaid cards as well?
yeah, of course, but it's something very easy and there's also an how-to on our ITALY page on this website...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardjack View Post
2. The consistent recommendation I see for prepaid sim cards is Telestial. Is that the general consensus, that Telestial is the best provider of pre-paid sim cards for Italy?
I guess they are reliable, and surely very expensive. eBay can be much cheaper and also much less reliable... buying it in Italy is surely cheaper and reliable.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
leonardjack (Offline)

Default 27-08-2007, 23:46

Effendi -- thanks -- I appreciate your help!