PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
gabecnc (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 19-02-2015, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by drama queen View Post
Just an update....I arrived in Spain yesterday evening and my Tuenti SIM card was waiting for me at my hotel. There was no problem with the delivery even though I wasn't at the hotel to receive it. I put it into the phone and it is working fine.

The only issue I have is that they seem to be blocking VOIP. My Irish VOIP service is not working over Tuenti. The Tuenti card comes with its own VOIP service - but I haven't tried using it yet. I think when I was last here in 2013 the Tuenti service allowed all VOIP. Not a major problem for me, but some users might need to know.
so basically you suggest to buy it online... do you think you can buy more than one sim? i need two, one for me and one for my friend.

Old
  (#32)
drama queen (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 19-02-2015, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabecnc View Post
so basically you suggest to buy it online... do you think you can buy more than one sim? i need two, one for me and one for my friend.
I dont remember seeing a quantity field on the form, but I dont see what would stop you submitting the form twice. There is no postage charge so you wont pay any more to get two SIMs delivered separately in the post. Worst case put your friends name on the second delivery.

Old
  (#33)
gabecnc (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 19-02-2015, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by drama queen View Post
I dont remember seeing a quantity field on the form, but I dont see what would stop you submitting the form twice. There is no postage charge so you wont pay any more to get two SIMs delivered separately in the post. Worst case put your friends name on the second delivery.
i was having a look at the form right now.
there was a HELP chat at the bottom. i asked.
They told me I CANNOT use the italian prepaid card. but only spanish.

Can you confirm you used your foreign credit card?

Old
  (#34)
drama queen (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 19-02-2015, 22:50

Quote:
i was having a look at the form right now.
there was a HELP chat at the bottom. i asked.
They told me I CANNOT use the italian prepaid card. but only spanish.

Can you confirm you used your foreign credit card?
Yes - I used my Irish Credit Card - no problem.

Old
  (#35)
gabecnc (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 19-02-2015, 23:02

ok then i just need to sort out where i can have it sent. because i'm not going to a hotel, but i rent a flat. and i dont know if the people who are renting would be so kind to have the sim sent at their address.
this is all so boring. i don't see the reason of so many problems. why not send the sim abroad? they have my passport, they have my credit card... what's the matter???

Old
  (#36)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 20-02-2015, 16:16

Quote:
i don't see the reason of so many problems: why not send the sim abroad? they have my passport, they have my credit card... what's the matter???
May I suggest to use another operator??? Why tuenti?
In every Orange store, you get 1 GB for 9€ (Mundo SIM).
Or with Vodafone you get in their stores 750 MB for 10€ and 1.5 GB for 15€ on 4G/LTE, which is not open on tuenti.
Or you can go to other MVNOs: Lycamobile sells 1 GB for 3.75€, about 1/2 the price of tuenti (but no tethering).

OK. I absolutely disapprove tuenti's policy of different rules for foreigners too and made it public
But I will not call this "surcharge" anymore. It's more a form of "bondage".

"Why not send the SIM abroad?"
Because: No network operator does this. All operators only send SIMs domestically. That's their market after all.
Not even MVNOs, except very few in the EU like Mobile Vikings.

Go ask TIM, Vodafone Italia, Wind or Tre in your country.

In this respect Spain is more relaxed than Italy by the way.
In Spain some merchants like http://www.simcardspain.es or others sell it on Ebay and other platforms and send it abroad for a fee.

In Italy you have to go in person with your condice fiscali, (a number nobody outside of Italy has ever heard of) to a shop in Italia.
No chance to get it out of Italy by mail.
I would have liked TIM's "in viaggio pass" or Vodafone's "smart passport" - the best EU roaming options on any EU market right now.
But no way, if I don't show up in bella Italia in person.

So tuenti/Telefónica is in line with all operators not sending their SIM cards abroad.
But the different rules for foreigners are still scandalous and very unusual!!!

Last edited by wolfbln; 20-02-2015 at 16:33..

Old
  (#37)
gabecnc (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 20-02-2015, 16:26

I totally agree with you.
It's the same for italy, you cant get a sim before your arrival.
On the other hand, i have to say that in italy there are really A LOT of shops where you can get a sim card. I mean, by person, of course. But there is a shop providing a phone card in every corner. Even in small towns. In my little village there are at least 10 shops. Imagine in big cities.

As far as it concerns selling sims online, some operators started it. But they didnt have success.

We are way far from UK, where you can get your sim cards for free, prior to your arrival!
Same for france. I could get my joe mobile sim card in advance. And the service was fantastic too.

As far as it concerns Tuenti, i'm looking for it, for the only reason that in the small island of Menorca, i tried it 2 years ago and the service was amazing. Incredibly cheap and the service was fantastic. You had fast data connection even in the loneliest beaches. Fantastic.

Probably Italy and Spain are different markets.