PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
rebol (Offline)

Default [Poland] Data / Flatrate? - 07-07-2010, 00:05

Hello,

I plan to go to poland, and after a bit of research it seems that Heyah is the cheapest provider for data - is this correct? This offer: Supertani Mobilny Internet 3G na kart? ? Mobilny Internet - Heyah.pl (no flatrate).
Can I buy this thing at gas stations/supermarkets?

Here in germany you can buy 1day or 30day flatrates with your prepaid card - is this also possible in poland? If yes, with which provider?
Unfortunately I do not understand polish so I cannot search myself :/

Thank you and greetings

Last edited by rebol; 07-07-2010 at 00:18..

Old
  (#2)
ms93 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 07-07-2010, 11:11

No, Heyah isn't the cheapest one.

I think Orange Free na karte will be the best.
After recharging you get many GB bonus.
For example when you recharge 50zl, you get 2,75GB at all. You have 50zl credit, which you can use for data at 0,01zl/100kB rate or calling at 0,29zl/min + 2,27GB data bonus. It's valid for 90 days.
Other recharges you have here: http://www.orange.pl/binaries/PL/Bin...60/4669587.png.
You can buy any Orange prepaid sim anywhere and change your tariff (before recharging!) using *101*40# code.

There is also GaduAir - there are some packets - 300MB/11zl, 100MB/5zl - both valid for month.
Other option is Play Online, but it has very limited coverage. 30zl recharge - 2GB/month, 50zl - 4GB/2 months. No calling, only data.

Old
  (#3)
rebol (Offline)

Default 07-07-2010, 13:49

Ok when I buy Orange Free na karte SIM card, I have to dial *101*40# and then I have this tariff which whom I get 2,75GB inclusive when I recharge with 50PLN? How much does the initial, cheapest sim card cost, and what is its name?

The Orange coverage map, shows that where I will go there is CDMA - never heard this before, what speed is this? (kB/s?)
When I have a look at the ERA site, it shows GSM/EDGE (and maybe if I'm lucky UMTS/HSDPA) is this CDMA EDGE?

Thank you

Last edited by rebol; 07-07-2010 at 14:01..

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 07-07-2010, 15:44

CDMA is not compatible with GSM or UMTS. But if it's W-CDMA it's ok, it's the normal UMTS/HSDPA network. But I think Orange has also a CDMA network too, but don't consider it.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#5)
rebol (Offline)

Default 07-07-2010, 16:02

Ok, new question to the ones above; I looked at this coverage map:

mapa zasi?gu Orange

Is the normal na karte stuff the top option, where "Telefonia komórkowa:
Orange" stands? And the two lower options "Internet mobilny:
Orange Free / Business Everywhere" and "Internet domowy:
Orange Freedom Pro / Internet dla Firm Pro" are only for customers who pay monthly and have a contract?

Thank you

Old
  (#6)
ms93 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 07-07-2010, 17:10

You can buy any Orange SIM (Orange Go, POP, Free).
If you buy Free, you don't have to enter that code, but Free SIMs are available only in Orange shops.
Orange Go or POP cards are available everywhere, so you shouldn't have problem to buy it. When you will get Go or POP card, just enter code and wait for confirming SMS.

Cheapest SIM cost 5zl with 5zl credit. There are also 20zl SIMs with 20zl credit.

Don't look at CDMA coverage - it's available only to postpaid customers with special modems. "Telefonia komórkowa: Orange GSM/EDGE UMTS/HSDPA" - look at this coverage map. In HSDPA there is no speed limit - you can use it up to 7,2Mpbs if you have modem fast enough.

Old
  (#7)
rebol (Offline)

Default 13-08-2010, 15:38

Thank you for your help. Worked fine =)

Old
  (#8)
mehoff (Offline)

Default 12-01-2011, 15:29

With ERA (Polish T-Mobile) Tak Tak prepaid card you send a message MAX to the number 8010 and you get flat rate of up to 1Mbps fo 9.08PLN lasting for a month. I think it the cheapest one you can currently get.

Although they say it's up to 1Mbps, the transfer rates are quite shit tbh - my brother has a flatrate in Finland of 384kbps that works much faster.
I have no idea how does it compare to other polish networks.

The cheapest starters for this network go for 5PLN.

Old
  (#9)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-01-2011, 23:14

Marketing trick. The 9,08 PLN package from ERA Tak Tak actually includes only 100MB.

That's why I use GaduAir which runs on the plus network (much better 3G coverage than ERA, although probably a bit worse than Orange). There I pay 5 PLN for 100MB, valid for one month. (300MB costs 11 PLN and 750MB costs 22 PLN). You can get GaduAir sim cards at one of the popular InMedio kiosks in Poland, or in a CroppTown shop.

So it's not only better coverage, but also cheaper than ERA.

Mobile internet sim cards:
INT: abroadband, NL: Simyo, *bliep, BE: Colruyt Mobile, MEDIONmobile, LUX: Orange, PL: mBank Mobile,
DE: Congstar, MEDIONmobile, IE: Vodafone, CH: OK Mobil, SwissCom, SE: Telia, ES: MásMovil,
GR: Cosmote, IT: TIM, RO: Vodafone, RS: mt:s, BY: Privet, UA: Kievstar, MD: Moldcell

Feel free to consult me about sim cards in the Benelux and Poland.

Old
  (#10)
guau (Offline)

Default 31-05-2011, 08:47

can I use VOip with orange free sim¿?

In wich companies can be used VOIP in mobile data plans?¿

Thank you from spain