PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
woody1 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Telenor Sweden Update - 14-06-2012, 16:47

I'm in Stockholm now and I just bought a Telenor prepaid SIM at the Telenor store at the Gallerian shopping center.

The entry for Telenor under "National Operators" needs to be updated, because it says that the Telenor card comes with 0 credit. The one I bought for 100 SEK (about $14 USD) came with 100 SEK credit.

This is perfect for me, because I'm only here for 5 days and maximum data charge is 9 SEK/day. I did not have to do anything to activate the data plan, it was working as soon as I booted up the phone.

By the way, before I went into the Telenor store, I went to "The Phone House" store in the same mall and asked what would be the best deal for my situation. The guy there wanted to sell me a card that cost 199 SEK (about double the cost of the Telenor card). When I asked him about the Telenor plan, he said that he sells it but didn't know how the plan worked. He then told me that the Telenor store downstairs was sold out of sims.

When I went downstairs to the Telenor store, they immediately sold me a SIM and I saved 99 SEK.

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 14-06-2012, 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody1 View Post
When I asked him about the Telenor plan, he said that he sells it but didn't know how the plan worked. He then told me that the Telenor store downstairs was sold out of sims.

When I went downstairs to the Telenor store, they immediately sold me a SIM and I saved 99 SEK.

Old
  (#3)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 14-06-2012, 20:39

Ah, I thought only Telia had the 9 SEK/day plan. Maybe the competence lowered Telenor's prices as well

Does anyone know who's coverage is better? Telenor or Telia?

Mobile internet sim cards:
INT: abroadband, NL: Simyo, *bliep, BE: Colruyt Mobile, MEDIONmobile, LUX: Orange, PL: mBank Mobile,
DE: Congstar, MEDIONmobile, IE: Vodafone, CH: OK Mobil, SwissCom, SE: Telia, ES: MásMovil,
GR: Cosmote, IT: TIM, RO: Vodafone, RS: mt:s, BY: Privet, UA: Kievstar, MD: Moldcell

Feel free to consult me about sim cards in the Benelux and Poland.

Old
  (#4)
woody1 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Another update - 16-06-2012, 14:36

Here's another update on Telenor in Sweden. Telenor has a very useful Android app that lets you monitor your usage etc. My version came up in English. You can also monitor usage on their website, but I didn't see an English version there.

What's even better, is that I think they have a promotion that gives you 3 days of free data usage when you download their phone app. I started using the card on Thursday and as of today, Saturday, I still have not used any of my original 100 SEK credit. So, I would recommend that you download the app. It's useful with or without the free credit.

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 09-08-2012, 15:32

Thanks for the update!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#6)
ompranav (Offline)

Default Please can you help me ? - 12-10-2012, 21:29

Hi all,

I want a telenor sweden sim card to cativate my Iphone in India,
Is it possible for anyone to send me a sim ? I can pay of the sim & the postal.
Its fim if the sim card is active or not active I just need to cativate my iphone.
If anyone can hepl please get back to me ASAP.

Thanks.

Old
  (#7)
Musizthief (Offline)

Default 20-01-2013, 22:31

Hi, I need desperately a Sweden telenor sim, ideally nano size. Has anyone got one they can sell! It does not need to be active!

Cheers